• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My OC record with Amd Fx 8120

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
@ Qata, Cores 61c, CPU 72c that's to high. Your looking for cores @ 55c, CPU 65c.

That's pretty high on a H100, even for a Zambezi, Have you got an air lock the the system or something?

perhaps its a mounting problem or bad paste? i would check that or even if the pump in the h100 is working :)?

hmm what the... just looked at my pics of my HWmonitor wtf is wrong with it :D it says my amd fx 8120 is a 8130p xD :D, and another thing.. no matter how much u clock ur cpu FHD x264 wont get better time or score :/ wonder why..

hmm what the... just looked at my pics of my HWmonitor wtf is wrong with it :D it says my amd fx 8120 is a 8130p xD :D, and another thing.. no matter how much u clock ur cpu FHD x264 wont get better time or score :/ wonder why..

1, are you running the latest version of CPU-Z? if yes then you might have an OEM (tray version) http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Bulldozer/AMD-FX-Series FX-8130P.html

2, If there is to much heat the CPU will throttle back, so it will reach a critical point where when its stressed it will lower or hold off its own performance to save its self from over heating.

TBH i think x264 FHD is a broken program.. it cant read 8cores and it cant give a decent score for my cpu.. all other programs give some serious credit to my heavy OCed cpu like "performancetest" "3dmark11" and ive been extremely happy about "money / value"

about heat.. what is this heat? :D im running 5,0ghz with core at 43* haha ;D

how long can you run 5.0 on all 8 cores?
this cpu will throttle and i have fought and won that battle, I have suffered that so badly that cpuz, hardware monitor and nothing else could catch it only amd overdrive could catch it.
so if you ever see me post 5.3-5.5 @50c you know what i am doing, i run prime95 and amd's stability test at the same time and it throttles so badly and fast nothing catches it
but it posts in cpuz.

max is 10mins unfortnaly, it can run a bench without dieing tho im aiming for stabile without core fail.. ive read its missing voltage that makes a core fail.. but tbh im not alot into " why do your core fail" lol atm im just at 4,4 Rock solid :) and its a decent low voltage aswell with some LLC for boosting it if needed, about LLC ive read that LLC can be used for preventing core failure, but once again im not a core failure expert :D

these cpu's mush along at 4.8 all day long but the sweet spot on all that i see is between 4.2 and 4.5.
go into msconfig and turn off lots of services and in the boot menu kill bunchs of that stuff and it will run 5.0 longer.

hmm ive had more luck posting at 5.0 than 4.8 but again core fails :) and im not sure about of they will take the voltage at longer periods :) before "killswitch"

I have to start at 1.662 so i have more to learn about this LLC stuff, in bios it looks like i can change the voltage change from '+' to '-' so thats my next place to play.
I have no remorse in the fx8120, we went toe to toe, nose to nose at 4.9. you have a sweet rig and i have a hack job and that says a lot about the cpu. take into account that both our motherboards are really best suited to a six core cpu and it's pretty impressive.

qatar, turn the fans up, and strech hardware monitor down so we can see voltages and such.

LLC is a mobo controller of cpu voltage it can turn it up a bit to increase stability but i believe its dangerous at top clocks aswell but im not 100% sure

about my rig.. yes i love it and my girl hates it.. and guess what i just rebuilded its LC system the 4th time this week :D cant stop toying with it.. getting even cooler fittings and gismo's for my LC later this morning ^^ cant wait hehehe

oh and just noticed Qatar's Northbrigde temps DAMN thats hot! get some cooling on it! :O my was hot aswell and its not healthy for your clocks or your mobo :)

and all i want is a real pump and res...... well race cars or computers, racing is my kryponite, computers come after my grandson.

I understand what LLC is supposed to do, I do not know how to make it do what I want it to do.

im about to be a mechanic lol so cars are part of me :D but yeah the 1000ml res+pump dual 5,25" perhaps a water temp thingy and another rad.. damn.. i could run lamely cool :p

did you just say GRANDSON!? :O

Back