• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My OC record with Amd Fx 8120

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
to an extent, i was thinking that the lower socket temp was pulling a little heat from the cores.
but looking at his shot and mine his core temps are better, my shot is at about 10 mins right after a change in the test( when i am most likely to drop a core) and I am not able to get my vcore voltage to scale much higher to help. my line voltage here on the mountain is only 108 volts @55htz and i dont think that is helping either. at 2 or 3 am that climbs to about 112-113 volts and 58-60htz.

where is ravara, i really what to know what your voltage is set at in bios.

I have three more of these 8120's, i'm going to pull that one out and i'll have it back together tuesdaynight to see if i can't chase you a little further as i think this one is beyond my limits......

Last edited:
haha im glad im missed ;)

about ur "cpu socket" as i call it, thats getting hot you can get a backplate for it like i use for my custom watercool loop its a 2mm thick iron plate with a rubber seal so that no bad short circuits happend besides that the more precise ur cpu cooler socket is the more heat it can leach, which is why i had mine machined with a Cnc so that its redicoulusly precise i think its about 0,0001mm difference from side to side = i use minimal thermal paste which makes even better heat transfer, and ofc Copper copper and more copper is all i want in my pc! :D

about my voltage its stock at 1,33 but with the 5,0ghz i reached last night i go to 1,52v and i use my LLC to handle fluxurations due that with these high voltages its better to compensate with more voltage than having half the cpu shut down and the rest be overvolted imo :) but my cores wont stay stable i can boot and i can run the internet but when primed the cores seems to restart and shutdown with error... tho this said no BSOD yet :p

your water cooling your socket?
it is custom made?

leaching heat out of the cpu is what i am hoping i am doing with the fan, also i hope it is helping to cool the vrm section.

This is what i mean ;)
Complete LC.jpg

the thing that holds my Cpu cooler is a rubber and a iron plate at the back of my mobo which leads heat away aswell and what i meant by heat transfer is that i got for the extra 5-10% all over my gear :)!

That's still a nice case :D i see you have taken out the removable HDD cage this time.

Oh and your cooling is nice to guess. **** :p

well it works tho my Southbrigde LC coulndt fit T_T and i need more Rads.. lol but also having a plan of building my whole pc into a table or something fancy :D which would allow me to press more juice into my hardware.. lol

-about case right back at ya once again ;)

well i could make better cable management but cba i want performance and lights more than others atm :D

but at the backside og the mobo there is a iron piece that strengthens the mobo when pressuring the cpu cooler on tho still my mobo is bended a little xD

is that a vrm block?
i have been thinking of getting one after i get a "real" pump and res.

yeah complete Mobo LC but the adaptor for my southbrigde didnt fit.. however my nasty *** hot Northbrigde and Vrm fitted like a charm! :) actually looking on a 1000ml Res with pump atm but im not quite sure :/

hellsbells i'm still looking for a "real pump and res., i am thinking about an xspc dual bay combo unit.

I hate to sound like the stupid noob i am but, (here i go) what heats a southbridge?

I think ill save the money and just complete my tubing + tweaks ^^ perhaps a better Rad or something these things seems to be using alot of space.. :p

Southbrigde:
tbh i dunno and its not much heat it makes but i paid for a thingy to make it LC so i want it to work :/

mine at 4.5g i cant seem to get it stable over this it just generates to much heat and needs a lot more volts at the moment max temps on cores using almost all stress test software is 62c that's with fans on lowest to insure stability
ayU5B.png

Qatar, please post a screenshot of hardware monitor with sistem under full load and we will all try to go from there.

i believe its ur mobo which has heat issues at mosfets perhaps just ur cpu gets to hot and reaches the unstabile area (about 50 core ) and its most likely to become unstabile :)

i was right! :p when cores go over 50* they can be "hurt" or become unstabile so i advise a better cooler , even if im wrong about dmg temps, may i ask what cooler ur running atm? :)

and urs a 8150 i see thought i was a 8120 :D

Last edited:
Back