• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Q6600 g0 on an Ubercomputer (3dmark06: better than 100% of all systems tested)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Coretemp is right I'm sure. I don't know, maybe you got a bit of a bum oc'er? :( I hope not though. That's a lot of volts to get 3.2G imo, seems like you hit that point C2Ds seem to have where the voltage ramps up a lot for the increased speed. Remount! :)

hmm have you made sure there are no other limiting factors? Do you know the Rams capabilities, and have you tweaked the BIOS for stuff that might be holding it back? What mobo are you using anyway..

MadMan007 said:
Coretemp is right I'm sure. I don't know, maybe you got a bit of a bum oc'er? :( I hope not though. That's a lot of volts to get 3.2G imo, seems like you hit that point C2Ds seem to have where the voltage ramps up a lot for the increased speed. Remount! :)

I'm starting to think my crashes are NOT CPU based...

I just ran 3dmark stable for over 15 minutes, then I close all 3dmark applications and all cpus drop to 0 utilization, then I'm simply shutting down all the background applications to give 3dmark another go and I get another crash:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL... the same crash I get everytime...

I don't believe the cpu is causing these crashes anymore... I just restarted without doing any changes in the bios and i got the same crash at the windows startup screen....

Yea, CPUZ is never giving correct vcore, you gotta use something else. I use PC Probe. What motherboard are you using? You should easily be able to overcome 3.2GHZ, i'm only blocked because I have a retarded motherboard, has a GTL Ref Volt problem that's crapping out.... (the ASUS 680i has this problem... )

anyway, start clocking, you'll easily hit 99%

treatmentx said:
Yea, CPUZ is never giving correct vcore, you gotta use something else. I use PC Probe. What motherboard are you using? You should easily be able to overcome 3.2GHZ, i'm only blocked because I have a retarded motherboard, has a GTL Ref Volt problem that's crapping out.... (the ASUS 680i has this problem... )

anyway, start clocking, you'll easily hit 99%

The mobo is in the newegg link, its an evga NF68 A1 880i

and yes, its a fresh OS install.

I don't know the details but I do recall 680i isn't very good for quads :( Maybe that was just for an older revision or something. Someone else will have to chime in on that.

yeah, you have the better board, so you should in theory be able to do better. I think the revised ones are the A1 (i'd double check that, but i'm pretty sure). esp since you just got it.

You shouldn't need 1.5v at 3.2GHZ, that sounds absurdly high vcore. You should be able to do 3.2ghz at 1.4v, even that's a little high. I did some over and under clocking (i think if you look around this site, or other site, you'll find similar results). After lowering the volt, your temps should calm down a bit. But the G0's can withstand better heat anyways, nothing to worry about.. just might get better results.

Ok this is an unrelated and probably extremely stupid question, but what exactly is quad core? does each core run at 2.4ghz giving you a total of 9.6ghz? or is each core running at 600mhz giving you a total of 2.4ghz?

I now upped all other voltage to its max... the nb, the sb, the FSB voltage... the vcore at 1.5 and i'm running 3dmark to see what I would get, though I think I'm probably going to crash again....

I wanted to post that ASAP. I'll give you my settings

vcore-1.3875, 3.3ghz
NB - 1.5
SB - 1.55
CPUVTT - 1.55v
1.2VHT - 1.4v

what are your temps?! be careful!

(and you can't add quad-core up like that, but they are all at 2.4ghz. but you can't just add it to 9.6ghz. If given four tasks, each one is done at 2.4ghz, but if given 1 task, it's done at 2.4ghz and the other 3 cores are doing nothing)

blackjackel said:
I now upped all other voltage to its max... the nb, the sb, the FSB voltage... the vcore at 1.5 and i'm running 3dmark to see what I would get, though I think I'm probably going to crash again....
that's a very good way to fry your motherboard :eek:

Not really gona fry anythng, you guys have no clue how much cooling i have on this thing, I have 2 140mm fans blowing stright on the mobo, 3 120mm fans blowing out, 2 120mm fans blowing in... and the room is pretty cold cause I have my windows on...

Besides even if I fried something... I'm using a laptop to talk to you guys while ocing so I'd post on here that I fried it :p

Anywhoo I just ran 3dmark again and I got 16952 and I have scored 100% better than all systems.... WTF? LOL

You rank 3936 out of 2022596... ROFL

Orb result link:
http://service.futuremark.com/orb/resultanalyzer.jsp?projectType=14&XLID=0&UID=10462800

lol scared us for a sec there i think.

Post your ORB! I wanna see the break down. And that score sounds more like a SLI setup, nice!

Oh, and pics of your system while you're at it, sounds like a nice set up! What kind of case are you using?

treatmentx said:
lol scared us for a sec there i think.

Post your ORB! I wanna see the break down. And that score sounds more like a SLI setup, nice!

Oh, and pics of your system while you're at it, sounds like a nice set up! What kind of case are you using?

I did post the orb... is there some different link I'm supposed to post? that page was the first page I saw after I hit submit score...

And the case (along with EVERYTHING ELSE USED) is listed in the newegg link, the case is a CM stacker.... yeah its the sweetest setup I've ever seen.... I'm using a 30 inch dell monitor two and I have run every single game that I've got at maximum possible resolution...

upgrade your 8800 ultra cooling to two HR-03s, and it's going to be even sweeter (post overclocking). speaking of which, have you touched the gpu speeds at all?

shirker said:
upgrade your 8800 ultra cooling to two HR-03s, and it's going to be even sweeter (post overclocking). speaking of which, have you touched the gpu speeds at all?

gpu speeds remain untouched, primarily because I want to get the cpu, fsb, and all other stabilities issues fixed before I move on to stabilizing the gfx.... though I've been able to take the gpu oc to 655mhz before stable.

Edit: I was able to lower the vcore to 1.4 and still run 3.2... I haven't gone lower.... but apparently I can't lower any of the max temps I set for everything else.... It just won't be stable...

blackjackel said:
gpu speeds remain untouched, primarily because I want to get the cpu, fsb, and all other stabilities issues fixed before I move on to stabilizing the gfx.... though I've been able to take the gpu oc to 655mhz before stable.
yeah I know, I too would want to get a stable cpu overclock before moving onto anything else. Was just hoping to get a preliminary glimpse at how the 8800 Ultras overclock, and you gave me an answer

Back