• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My rig :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Byter

emp.jpg

Picture%20015.jpg

Picture%20053.jpg

Picture%20060.jpg

Picture%20070.jpg

Last edited:
Fabulous..

Can we get some pics of the inners of it. I was thinking of going with a acrylic case and want to see what you did to hide the wire's mess..

one more...

Picture%20007.jpg

Custom made acrylic case, custom keyboard, custom LCD,
EMP watercooling 2 blocks, cpu&nb(self design and cnc), HD window,PSU heavily moded.

Hope u like it :)

Last edited:
The Byter:

Looks very nice. Cables and tubes are organized very well.
1) What kind of radiator do you use? Are there shrouds attached to it?
2) What pump do you use? Is it eheim 1048?
3) What kind of liquid do you use? For how long does this sytem run and was there any bacteria growth?

Orka said:
The Byter:

Looks very nice. Cables and tubes are organized very well.
1) What kind of radiator do you use? Are there shrouds attached to it?
2) What pump do you use? Is it eheim 1048?
3) What kind of liquid do you use? For how long does this sytem run and was there any bacteria growth?

10x alot :)

1)its the swiftech rad. (what r shrouds?)
2)the pump is a eheim1250, now i use a 1046 (silent, no vibes)
3)its a car cooling liquid keeps the system clean as new for months...

the 1046 gave the same numbers, teh 1250 got hot and made my whole desk vibrate...

Thanks. That's very important to me as i'm going to run quite a similar WC in the near future. Why do you think 1250 heated up and vibrated that much?

3) What about liquid? Do you mix it with distilled water? Have you tried to run 100% distilled water on this system and was the performance if you did?

4) I notice your ICH (SB) has passive cooling. How did you attach it? Thermal glue?

5) Which fan sucks the air into the case and which blows away? Why so? Did you try different fan blowing directions and what were the results?

6) What was modded in PS besides the lighting on the fan?

Last edited:
Orka said:

the 1046 gave the same numbers, teh 1250 got hot and made my whole desk vibrate...

Thanks. That's very important to me as i'm going to run quite a similar WC in the near future. Why do you think 1250 heated up and vibrated that much?

3) What about liquid? Do you mix it with distilled water? Have you tried to run 100% distilled water on this system and was the performance if you did?

4) I notice your ICH (SB) has passive cooling. How did you attach it? Thermal glue?

5) Which fan sucks the air into the case and which blows away? Why so? Did you try different fan blowing directions and what were the results?

6) What was modded in PS besides the lighting on the fan?

- The 1250 needs a 1/2" tubes i use 3/8OD.
- i use only the car rad liquid, the distiled made the block black...
- its an EPOX 8RGA+ mobo so the OB gf4MX gives me 100fps in cs
that is all i need :)
- all the fans suck air from the case to the outside.
- the psu got a new fan, a relay inside, the EL cable invertor in side, the P4 cables cut off and all the molexs rearrange.

Very well done! My biggest pet peeve (besides people who use the expression pet peeve) with Acryllic cases are ****-poor cabling. It's very rare to see someone pull it off well, and you did it. The water-cooling placement is great (I love side exhaust setups), the tubing is clean... the whole package looks well thought-out and executed. Very nice ^_^

Thank you all ppl.

It is very nice to see that there are still ppl who can give a good word.

BTW: the CRT has a LCD... (LG 795FT Plus CRT)

Giblet Plus! said:

All the fans? Or just the ones on the radiator?

the rad fans suck in all the rest suck out of the case

The Byter:
Cool. You made one of the most organized transperent cases i' ve ever seen. Really neat work. Cabel het"het ;-)

Two last questions:
1) Did you think about using a UV die in your setup? It may give even more attractive look.
2) The transperent top of HDD: is it an original or you modded your HDD too?

Thanks for your anwers.

Back