• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My system glitching

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
As the guys from Mythbusters would say "There's your problem:" --> MSI 970a Gaming Pro Carbon

Get a MB with 990 chipset and 8+2 power, that 970 can't handle thet cpu well.
Also, are you using the HS that came with the CPU? If so get a better HS like a Noctua NH-D14 or NH-D15 or other similar type HS.

I'm with WhiteHawk. Both for the board and CPU cooling. So late in the game to buy another mobo, tackle the cooling issue first.

Okay will do. I think I do have serious cooling issues. I have had the side cover off throughout the entire night I let Prime95 run..here are the results. Approx 7 hours of Prime.
Screenshot (10).png Screenshot (11).png

Yes your system is warm and not even pushing it. P95 is a heavy load though. A $30 CM Hyper 212 would help you quite a bit here.
Is that the small stock cooler or the wraith?

And it's the wraith. But yeah I guess it should be kinda hot it was running heavy load for 6+ hours

- - - Updated - - -

It's the wraith. I guess it should be kinda hot as it was running a heavy load for 6+ hours. Sad thing is I have 2 fans right above the processor also working to keep it cool... and the side cover completley off.. Haha.. Wow..
I have no budget when it comes to getting this resolved. Do you know of a good quality cooling equipment I can get

Like I said the Hyper 212 is a decent cooler for the money. I am surprised though that the Wraith isn't doing a better job. I still think your issues are ram related. Some of the Ram kits really sent FX CPUs for a loop. I haven't seen too many patriot kits around TBH. Just as a test swap it out for your 1600 kit and see how it works even for temps. Or add some more CPU_NB voltage and see if you can get this kit stabilized.Also does that board have any LLC settings?

Do you actually need 16GB any way?

Yeah I do need 16gb because 8gb wouldn't come close to enough memory to run Forza Horizon.
So put my 8gb ram back in and see what my temp stays at? Will do.
I think my issue is ram related too.
When I'm in the game at the top it spams "Low Video Memory"
I switched the dram setting to 1866mhz as it was set to auto at 1600mhz. The game runs fine on low settings now without crashing and Pc restarting like it did when the dram setting was 1600.
Now I just have low video memory somehow when I just put in brand new 16gb ram... Doesn't make sense

Which option turns up the power to my vcard

You are asking the wrong question. This is not something to be found in bios. If you want to increase the vcore of your GPU then there are programs that can do that, like MSI Afterburner. The video card gets its power from the PSU.

Last edited:
I have to ask, when you changed the memory sticks did you clear the CMOS? If not that can be part of the problem.

Speaking of memory, what is the voltage of that ram? From what I see in HWMon VIN3 I assume is the ram voltage, and it's reading 1.33V, look in the BIOS and see if it's set for 1.5V and what the BIOS reads back as well.

Video Card freezing after p95 ran good. Many pics, plz help

So I am having some difficulties getting a steady clock from Afterburner.
I have ran p95 for 2 days and did not shutdown or anything so my system is stable..but im still having some glitchy issues. When I run Forza Horizon 3 (Kinda graphic heavy game) sometimes i still get spammed at the top "Low Video Memory" and is just cutty and glitchy all around. It hasnt been the same since I installed new RAM which is now Viper 16GB (2x8GB) DDr3 PC3-15000 1866MHz

Here is my stock Afterburner and Hardware up. Note it is under stress because the game is currently open but minimized.

Here are more pics of stuff..

http://tinypic.com/r/2db74g8/9 <- MSI Afterburner, CPUID CPUZ, CPUID HardwareMonitor, and Task Manager

^^^^^^ NOT UNDER LOAD

Here is same MSI, CPUID's, and Task Manager UNDER LOAD

http://tinypic.com/r/2hhk45l/9

Here is my BIOS Menu, Click Bios 4

http://tinypic.com/r/35jjszt/9
http://tinypic.com/r/35apy00/9

Please list system specs...

You can also host the pics here...

Gtx 960 comes in two flavors, 2gb and 4gb.. which one do you have? What settings are you running the game on? Resolution?

Prime 95 only tests the cpu and memory depending on settings. It has nothing to do with your gpu.

We need a lot more info to efficiently help. :)

Edit: dude.. you started 3 threads on the same subject.. Please go off your first one no need for duplicate threads...

Last edited:
My build,

MB: MSI 970A Gaming Pro Carbon
Graphics: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 2GB FTW
RAM: 16gb(2x8gb kit) DDr3 Patriot-Viper, PC3-15000 1866 MHz
PSU: Corsair 750W
CPU: AMD FX 8370
SSD: Samsung EVO 250gb
HD: 1TB HD

I upgraded my Motherboard to that 970A Carbon, and got the new processor, and RAM. And then started running into these problems. Before, with my 4GB of Ram I had...I could not open Forza Horizon 3 at all..
I could run World of Warcraft on Ultra settings with my old specs..now with this new one, even WoW gets extremely glitchy. Have a feeling its RAM or OC problem.
Was running Forza on Geforce Experience Customized LOW Settings and WoW on just High...and was even glitching on that..theres definitley a problem I shouldnt be having a problem with these games as my system is decent enough to run that stuff..

So you have the 2gb version of the GTX 960. That is probably why you are getting low memory warnings. Can you turn the detail and quality settings down in Forza Horizon?

So you have the 2gb version of the GTX 960. That is probably why you are getting low memory warnings. Can you turn the detail and quality settings down in Forza Horizon?
Exactly. You are likely using well more than 2gb.. turn down some in game settings. ;)

I have no clue how none of you realized that "low virtual memory" is related to gpu 90% of the times. Ask your friend to borrow you a gpu and test it then to eliminate possible problem. If it persists then its something else. When I had that problem on old pc new gpu solved the problem. You cant just "push" gpu to use more than it have it will just use its maximum far as I can tell, GTAV is best example for that. Graphical glitches happen when your GPU is ****ing bricks

Last edited:
Back