• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My temps i dont understand

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cairo

So my actual cpu feels cold but my core next to my cpu with the heat disapator on it feels hot and says its reading 60c idle and my cpu 39c idle and idk why its so weird is this normal im using an amd a10 6800k black series apu and have 3 fans directed on my cpu heatsink oc.PNG

The heat sink you touch is probably the vrms.

However your CPU core temp is crazy high. This is an indication the thermal interface material under the integrated heat spreader is bad or not transferring heat as it should be.

You have a few options.

One is delid and replace the TIM with better paste.

Two is reseat your heat sink.

Three return the CPU or RMA it.

Since socket temp (CPU) is good, this indicates good air flow to the motherboard socket area while package temps (cores) are too high indicating possibly a bad seating with the heat sink or the ihs plate isn't getting heat transferred to it through the paste.

As far as I know AMD Overdrive is the ONLY software that reads these CPUs accurately. I suggest you try that software

However your CPU core temp is crazy high. This is an indication the thermal interface material under the integrated heat spreader is bad or not transferring heat as it should be.

You have a few options.

Since socket temp (CPU) is good, this indicates good air flow to the motherboard socket area while package temps (cores) are too high indicating possibly a bad seating with the heat sink or the ihs plate isn't getting heat transferred to it through the paste.

The heatsink is fine I just put it on and I touch where the contact is and its warm but like not that warm that temp isnt for my actual CPU socket

- - - Updated - - -

As far as I know AMD Overdrive is the ONLY software that reads these CPUs accurately. I suggest you try that software

I looked and couldn't find temp readings on iy

- - - Updated - - -

You have a few options.

As well I put a little too much thermal on it but I cleaned it up

- - - Updated - - -

Delid an a10 ? would it be worth it ?

Is windows 8.1 worth it?

- - - Updated - - -

You have a few options.

Oh I see what you ment alright I'll re do it .. I wish I can put a new heat sink on it XD

You have a few options.

Its my north bridge heating up

In AMD OverDrive on the left hand column select CPU Status and it'll show you the thermal margin which is the distance from max temp

Back