• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My V-core-1 is too high, what to do?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hicks is Elite

Hey all, this is my first time here and i thought i'd start by asking a question.

I have a

Sabertooth 990fx board
Phenom II x4 960T w/ Noctua NH-D14
Antec DF-85 Case

I actually get pretty good temps with this set up.

I had it OC'd to 4.3ghz on 5-cores while running P95 for two hours.

I bumped CPU voltage to 1.425 and CPU/NB to 1.2. My CPUbus at 233mhz with a 18.5 multiplier.

My problem is that my V-core-1 is hitting tops several degrees higher than my CPU. V-core 62 to CPU 56 Load, 40 to 35 idle.

I've been reading that it is usually the other way around and V-core-1 temp should be lower than the CPU temp.

If this is true i believe my problem is my Noctua NH-D14 which leaves a bunch of empty space underneath by the MOFSET heatsink (which i believe cools the V-core temps.

My question is (if i'm right in what i've said above). What can i do to decrease my v-core temps that are to high? I've looked a putting a PCI fan since i can just move my 6850 down to another x16 lane. Do you think that would be an effective way to get air flow underneath my behemoth of a cpu heatsink. Or do you think these temps should even be bothered with? Are they at a safe level?

Thank you for your help all.

Aim a fan at the MOSFET heatsinks near the CPU.
That said, 62c is nothing to a MOSFET, they start getting concerned in the 90-100c area.

Back