• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My x3350 overclocking experience

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That's wierd; those aren't the settings I would expect. You might look at the CPU PLL settings then -- we're looking for voltage options; that 59x / 63x sounds more like some sort of multiplier or something... ???

The higher trim levels of Asus boards have the VTT option; it seems that the Vanilla does not...and yes, it becomes very useful past 440ish on a quad.

It would be a good investment to get yourself a northbridge waterblock. Your NB is probably scorching right now, and bringing it down to ~ambient helps quite significantly and also lets you push higher voltages. At 1.85v on liquid cooling, 460+ might be doable. Up to about 440 I found pretty easy, but after that you have to start going nuts on cooling and voltage to get further.

Not completely...your FSB would be considerably lower with a quad core, but the VTT option definitely helps.

Sorry, no results tonight. Was leaving work and I realized I had a broken tooth, so I spent most of the evening in the dentist's chair. Oh well, at least the dentist was willing to stay late.

broken tooth
No doubt, caused by gritting your teeth, mentally preparing for overclocking combat!

We look forward to your continued reports. Sorry about the toot. Props to your dentist for being a cool dude.

I think this Xeon3350 not bad ! But 90% Q9450 and Xeon 3350 difficult run above 450Fsb.

Actually, the 9A0813 number is only on the PCB layer of the CPU. Let me see if I can find a pic...

Ok, this picture isn't mine, so I'm not hotlinking it, but it is on a photobucket account.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w42/v800adam/c2d2.jpg

At the bottom of the picture, there is a gap in the IHS. There are 2 numbers there. The bottom number, if the last 2 digits are ± 15 from 00, it is *possibly* a better overclocker. As in 85 -> 15 is the range you want to be in.

Now I don't know if this is true, but I'm working my way through overclocking a Q6600 at work where it ends in 02, and so far I'm at 3.42Ghz on Air at 1.26V actual under load. 1.32 idling. I'm running about 68°C with a ZEROtherm Nirvana on it.

I got a 9A1010 on the bottom, i guess this is one of the good ones right?

No doubt, caused by gritting your teeth, mentally preparing for overclocking combat!

We look forward to your continued reports. Sorry about the toot. Props to your dentist for being a cool dude.

Naw, it was probably being told to shut down the folding farm at work. :(.

Been a busy weekend. I'll probably have a chance to do more starting monday.

torin3, I just got a X3350 as well and I am having problems as you are. I also have the 605 Bios. I will have to alot of reading as to where this is totally different to a dual core. I will post any info when I get this stable.

Good luck with it. I just read a post in the motherboard forum about how to flash the bios with the bios for a board with more features that uses the same chipset. (Rampage) Looks like like it might give me a few more options.

:santa:

Good luck with it. I just read a post in the motherboard forum about how to flash the bios with the bios for a board with more features that uses the same chipset. (Rampage) Looks like like it might give me a few more options.

:santa:

I saw that as well but tread carefully. Keep us posted. I made it to 425x8 @ 1.25 Vcore seems stable.

I saw that as well but tread carefully. Keep us posted. I made it to 425x8 @ 1.25 Vcore seems stable.

Reading further into the thread there were at least 3 people I counted who had flashed their P5Es to the Rampage, and it worked. There were no misflashes that I could see. And it doesn't appear to be much more dangerous than a standard BIOS flash, which always holds the chance of a problem.

I seem to be stable at 425x8 @ 1.20 Vcore...see how far I can take it temps are not going over 55 C on any of the cores running Orthos x 2.

I seem to be stable at 425x8 @ 1.20 Vcore...see how far I can take it temps are not going over 55 C on any of the cores running Orthos x 2.

I am at 8x425 @ 1.25 Vcore and its 50 to 52 load with prime 95.

440 x 8 @ 1.26 Vcore 55 C first core rest around 50-45 C running Orthos x 2. I booted into Vista at 450 x 8 1.28 VCore computer locked at 10 minutes of Orthos....I had 4 sticks of 2gb ram in, took 2 sticks out seems a lot more stable. Still can't boot stable at 3.6ghz. Waiting on Albuquerque to tweak the DS4!!!!

Back