• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

n00b Cuda Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Looks like I will be joining the CUDA club... Just bought an 8600 GTS for my X2...hoping to get 3k rac for the total system.

Well I know it supports an X2, as i hat a 4800+ x2 in it, but in order to Support the Opteron 180 Core, it needs a newer Bios Revision, and I can't install that new Bios without having a CPU That works in the 1st place. I might be able to find an old Sempron off eBay, just something enough to let me Do EZFLash on the Bios, then throw the Opteron in. It's an Asus A8S-X Board.
Which board is that?!? I've never heard of such a thing. Every s939 board I know of that will support an X2 will also support an Opty dual-core ...

The Board is an A8S-X, and It DOES Support the Chip, it Just needs a Bios Uptdate!

http://yfrog.com/a1dsc00315j

There's a link to the setup for the 939 Board that I'm trying to get to work.
I've found a friend with a Single Core 939 Athlon I can use just to get into the Bios and flash it to work with the Opteron.
And yes, thats the 8600GTS I was trying to fit in my main Computer.

Last edited:
Back