• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

n00b with sempron, advice sought

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
To be honest, we do n0t deal with software overclocking in this forum, in fact we advise strongly against such and hardly ever help if the software is in use. Fact of life since it is softwaret that we have most issues with on a computer anyway.

Am pretty sure you have one of those dated Nvidia chipset motherboards and cannot use AMD AOD software even which somewhere you could get information about. So your motherboard has just little going for it in the same sentence with overclocking.

Have you tried the bios from HERE i think this should add the acc option to youre bios if you dont yet have it, try it if you are confident in bios updating, youre board is on the list so this should sort youre problem out :thup:

Good find "keny". It says for Rev 7.1 of the mobo at the direct link shown, but if you click on more it says for Rev 7.0/7.1 mobo.

Why ECS list all the bios's with unlocking capability separately is beyond me, it should be on the mobo page with all the other bios's :screwy:

since i last posted i have downloaded the ecs eblu bios update utility and updated my bios,from within windows and have just been back into it and ive gained a total of ****......
im off to look at your link now kenny thanx mate ill brb

Why ECS list all the bios's with unlocking capability separately is beyond me, it should be on the mobo page with all the other bios's :screwy:

Well it is better than some BioStars that seem to have to have software to do the unlock, not just a bios.

@ rgone, fair enough with the s/w overclock pal, ill take your word for it, i know nothing really thats why im here asking noob stuff
and as for chipset its nvida 6150se nforce 430 graphics onboard and nvida mcp61 chipset and southbridge
@ kenny, i have been on the ecs site downloaded the eblu bios update tool it said i needed one downloaded it installed and i have no new bios options, i have been in all over it, it is advertised as an unlock board but i think you need to believe its an unlock board for it to actually do it, and my faith is so weak.........;)

Did you download the bios from the link earlier as that is the one you need to install, it says it is for 7.1 but it looks like it is compatable with the 7.0 also according to there "more" link on the bios page, it usually says if it is not compatable once you try to flash it, but I think you're ok to go ahead with the one on the linked page. The bios update tool will not change you're bios it is just a tool to install the bios file to the motherboard, I never use them but if you are new to this then it may be a better option for you

@ kenny just followed the link you gave me back to my mobo main page, i have downloaded that and got a rar file with an ami app in it and a rom file and a few other bits so i have the app open and its asking for a rom file so unrared it but it only 1mb? is that right, before i continue?
also i did update the bios with that app thing i spoke of earlier just no unlock (cant actually see what it did do)

right i have flashed that bios in windows via an ami app (comes bundled with bios same as last one) and it gave me a visual representation of wiping and refilling blocks shut down and restarted and gained noting aprt from a higher rev number in cpuzid but still v7.0
i dont get it, what kind of voodoo is all this unlocking/overclocking
ive slaughtered all my live stock, my dog looks worried, and im no closer... while im here can i get a cpu upgrade reccomendation for am3 ddr3 mobo and a cheap (ish) bit gta 4 capable graphics card? cuz it looks like im a lame duck with this malarky
<cries and slinks off to hide ;)>
popeye

Since flashing is there no option for acc or advanced clock calibration hidden in any of your sub menu's , and I am understanding right when you installed the bios version from the linked page and not the page under the "more" link on that page ? If so then I am also at a loss of why you don't have the option to unlock as it specifically says that the bios's on that page are for acc/core unlocking, as for am3 mobo's , gigabyte and asus are good, people shy away from msi as they are pretty unpredictable wether you are going to Get a good one or not, I personally have 2 msi boards and my gd70 has never let me down even under extreme conditions but as I say you take you're chances with msi. Sorry we could not get you're unlocking option working but as RGone said earlier you're board is not the best when it comes to overclocking.

well thanks for your help anyway kenny i also am at a loss as to why it isnt there as it specifically says that it is no? if i had brought this from a vendor/ecs rather than a bloke 2nd hand id be demanding my money back but as for now im putting it down as a bad job with a bad mobo so what do you think of this
http://www.web-systems.co.uk/?page=Products&pid=6387
or maybe this x6 4.2 ghz all in one package
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motherboa...2?pt=UK_Motherboards_CPUs&hash=item19cfe51ef6
any thoughts?

That mobo is pretty low end and the bundle is a x4 but you would be better of with these two as a bundle for the same price, sorry for the eBay item nos but it's all I can give from my Mobile

Asrock N68-GS3 UCC = another dang Nvidia chipset mobo. = stay away from those old chipsets. Nvidia has not brought out a new chipset in nearly 3.5 years.

AMDOD, to refer back to an earlier section of this same thread, will only work with AMD 785 and higher chipsets.

Well I am thru with an ECS (extra crummy shett) mobo and looking for core unlocking. 100's of pages of how good it is. How it is the only Nvidia chipset unlocking board in the world and n0t a single actual user post about the thing working to actually unlock a locked core.

After lots of reading I have come to the conclusion that the "unlock" in you're bios is in fact the correct setting you need to enable and that it's not guaranteed that the board will unlock it even if it is a unlockable cpu as the 6150 chipset is a pos in the world of chipsets (sorry), try it again by enabling the unlock in bios, now that you have a new bios version and if it still won't work, sling it and get a used board from eBay to run the sempy! you can pick a half decent am3 board up for around £30 and clock you're sempy as they are a great little chip, I have a 140 (unlocks) and a 145 (wont unlock) and they will both make 4ghz on air

Edit : merged two posts as for some reason it only posted half my post lol

Well I am thru with an ECS (extra crummy shett) mobo and looking for core unlocking. 100's of pages of how good it is. How it is the only Nvidia chipset unlocking board in the world and n0t a single actual user post about the thing working to actually unlock a locked core.

There's lots of false claims made by ECS about this mobo as I have also not seen a single success on this board but there was a few with a asus or asrock board with a 6150 chipset ,but ecs also say it will support a x6 thuban :rofl: have you had a look at it !!!

Last edited:
Back