• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

n00d needs help.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JAVO

System Info

Asus P5K Deluxe Wi-Fi
Intel C2D 6750
4Gb Patriot (2 x 2gb) 4-4-4-12
CoolerMaster Cosmos Case
CoolerMaster Hyper 212 cpu fan

I've been reading some of the guides that walk you through overclocking and I have a successful overclock at 3040MHz
Bus Speed is 380
Rated FSBb is 1519.9MHz

DRAM Freq 380.0MHz
FSB:DRAM 1:1

4-4-4-12
command Rate 2T

As soon as I set FSB to 400 my system fails to post. I'm sure I'm missing something I just dont know what. I would like to get 3.2 or 3.4 stable. I've seen others say they have reached 4.0+ so I'm hoping with my setup my 3.4 is possible.
Can anyone make any suggestions as to what I need to set in the BIOS to get 3.2 or 3.4 to work?

I greatly appreciate the time. Thank you

omg clearly I've been at this too long, I cant even spell n00b.:bang head

lol, :welcome:

What voltage are you running the CPU and RAM at? upping the cpu voltage is the most likely thing that will help. im presuming that your default ram speed is 400.

Running 4 gigs of ram may also require a slight NB voltge increase. In fact, increase the CPU AND the NB voltages a little at a time until you can post. It may also be that the RAM/Mobo do not agree on the divider, so you may want to change the freq. of your ram.

Back