• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Necessary Question unlocking Phenom x2 560

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
sorry for being late guyz work work work i hate my job :S

i'll try some ideas and i'll tell u what's new
and i'm sure you have a different idea and more experience :)

Yesterday in Post # 38 your wrote this >> tried everything about locking 3rd and 4th cores >>bad colors still but no errors no bsod
now runing 4ghz 200*20
oced the ram from 1333 to 1600 mhz 8x multi
1.4vcore dualcore = So in dual (2) core mode there are NO bad colors?

and i know you a defrent idea to unlock cores that i'v stressed 2 hours @ 3.6 with 1.4125 vcore = I don't have a different idea about unlocking the locked cores. What I have seen and you need to understand is that some unlocked processor can pass P95 BUT still give problems when in windows. It is not any plainer than that.

IF you don't mind sound issues and bad colors then unlock the bad cores and put up with sound and color issues that cannot be fixed it seems no matter how many hours the unlocked cores pass P95 Blend mode.

yes bad colors disappears after locking extra cores
thanx for ur attention

the last question now i overclocked my igpu ati 4250 from 500mhz to 800mhz
and it's fine is it dangerous?

yes now runing 4.1 ghz vcore 1.4250
dualcore for sure :d
stable stressed 8 hours max cpu temp 53 and 48 for cores
idel 41 for cpu 37 for cores
overclocking ram gives error within 2 minutes so it's 1333 as default
igpu 800mhz and i can get more but it's great now
i will edit my sign at home :)

Successfully overclocking the ram likely would require relaxing the ram timings and increasing the ram voltage but with a black edition CPU probably no point in it. Overclocking the ram would not increase performance much at all probably.

Did you check the CPU-z SPD tab to see if the "auto" changes in timing were correct? Auto should not always be trusted.

The CPU-z SPD tab down in the JEDEC columns gives the timings and voltage the manufacturer recommends for various standard frequency levels of that ram. The "XMP" column to the far right is the manufacturer's sanctioned overclock profile. Anything beyond that would require experimentation.

Your ram should be set to 9, 9, 9, 25, 34 at DDR1333 with 1.5V stock and 1.55V on ram is always a good hedge against instability.

Back