• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a high FSB AM3 mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ghostcustoms

Looking for something that will push a high fsb, something 350ish or better?

I am cheap, looking for a bargain board to have fun with. Onboard graphics would be nice but not a must.

Was looking into 890gx but wouldn't mind some suggestion to research?

ADDING some links mostly for me but someone else might like them...

ASRock 890GX Extreme3
380 FSB HwBot

ASUS M4A89GTD PRO
345 FSB Hwbot
ASUS Crosshair IV Formula 395 FSB Hwbot
msi 790gx platinum FSB 405 Hwbot
MSI 790GX-G65 350 FSB Hwbot
GA-MA790X-UD3P 445 FSB Hwbot Something is up with this on Hwbot look the board up with sempron 140 almost like they all had there way with a single combo...

Last edited:
I'll drop my multiplier and see what the TA890FXE does later this evening.

"Cheap" and high clocks seldom, if ever, go together. How much do you think is "cheap"? What price range?

You do understand that's only a reference clock? What CPU could you possibly be running that would need 350 MHz for an HTRef - are you going to run LN2 or something? It's not a "front side bus" in any sense other than other component's speeds are based off it ...

"Cheap" and high clocks seldom, if ever, go together. How much do you think is "cheap"? What price range?

You do understand that's only a reference clock? What CPU could you possibly be running that would need 350 MHz for an HTRef - are you going to run LN2 or something? It's not a "front side bus" in any sense other than other component's speeds are based off it ...

$100-120 bucks? Going to be on water with cooler full of ice water.

I not sure I would need more than 350 but I really don't want the board to be the limiting factor. I'm stuck with a 11x and 13.5x multi need the fsb to get the clocks up :chair: After I have had some fun I might jump to a Black Edition but that's kind of cheating in my book!

Just looking to have some fun with AM3, I've done the 775 socket adventure and i5/i7 is still to much money so AM3 it is.

I doubt you're going to find an AMD board in that price range that will run 350 MHz. The Foxconn A9 (890FX AM3) can probably run 300+ since it's predecessor, the A79 (790FX AM2+), could. One of the higher-end Biostar's might run 300+ MHz ...

All I can really find are people overclocking Black Editions... HwBot seems to be down...

I was doing some other benching with my Biostar last night...ran into some troubles, anyways, I'll see about max "fsb" on the TA890FXE this afternoon.
:attn:

I was doing some other benching with my Biostar last night...ran into some troubles, anyways, I'll see about max "fsb" on the TA890FXE this afternoon.
:attn:

I would appreciate it, all the review sites use black editions which really don't show much in my book as far as overclock ability.

I'm getting on this right now....been putting this damn thing together, basically testing memory bandwidth, turns out 1600mhz puts out a little more than 1333mhz for me. I'm wicked methodic when I overclock...

See attached for downloadable copy. I'll be putting one of these together for max FSB testing today/tonight (it takes a while) :sly:

overclockin.jpg

Attachments

• Overclocking.xls
    28 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
I would appreciate it, all the review sites use black editions which really don't show much in my book as far as overclock ability.

Well, good news and some bad news. I jumped up to a 275 with almost no effort. Bad news is, I hit a wall after that...but I don't think its the mobo's FSB, but rather is memory operations.

I start out with a 200mhz bus and 800mhz RAM, at 225 my RAM is at 900, at 250 my RAM is at 1000, and finally at 275 my RAM is at 1100...well below it's rated speed. Problem is none of the timings will change...they are locked in at the 800mhz value. If I try to manually adjust them at all I can't boot.

I guess it could be the motherboard, but I doubt it...sure acts like RAM. I tried upping and downing the cpu/nb freq, voltages, ram voltages...I dunno. I feel as if I could lock the RAM at a speed, or have it properly change values as it's speed increases I could easily bust 300. I'm hoping a new BIOS fixes this.

I'll keep playing though...275 isn't too shabby...but it got thier so easy it has to be able to hit 300. :bang head

Back