• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a new mobo ASAP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This is all good to know for future reference at least. Does OCZ make decent power supplies?

Ocz power supplies have served me well. My last power supply purchase was an Ocz. I do however look for specific things when I purchase their power supply or any brand for that matter. Like I said I have come to seek only single +12V rails and greater than 2.5A on the +5VSB rail.

However you must realize that I have come to my power supply choices from about 10 years of overclocking the crap out of my systems. I have probably 20 power suppliies that are from 5yrs to only a year old. I have altered what I bought overtime to best fit my heavy power requirements and the change in what is required to best fit these later designed boards and cpus.

If I were to buy a new power supply today, I likely would check first for an Ocz, PC Power and Cooling, or a Corsair unit that would fit my particular load needs. But what I finally bought would be after looking at their reported outputs at "what" particular test temperatures. Really good power supplies are tested at 40C and above. Not the 25C that so many do their testing at. The higher the temps are the better a supply generally has to be to continue to output good, clean power.

You got to understand that many people buy near junk in many of our opinions yet they do pretty darn good. Those of us that have taken to this computer thing as a serious hobby, do tend to do more homework and make choices we feel are better. Better to do what many just throw systems together and seem to do okay as well. Depends on where you stand to view the big picture, I guess. Good luck sir and happy computering. :)

I can only add that all high end OCZ series ( like Z / PC P&C ) are really good but all cheaper are nothing special. Overclockers are usually not touching cheaper psu. In this case you really pay for quality :) From cheaper good quality psu read about new Corsair TX V2 series.
Check some reviews here -> http://www.jonnyguru.com/

Yeah DFI is the best motherboard brand ever. Followed by Tyan ofc.
Anyways, DFI is out of the game and as far as I'm aware of Tyan only makes mid/high-end server motherboards at the moment.

Back