• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Airflow Insight: H100 Cooler in Obsidian 650d

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JimmyMJB2

So I initially assumed that I would go along with the natural order of things and exhaust out the top. I began to wonder though; wouldn’t that mean I would be pushing warm air through my radiator? Since the point of the radiator is to cool the liquid I considered the possibility of pulling cool air in through it on the top and just exhausting everything out the back. Is this a stupid idea?

I’ve attached a picture for reference. It shows the air coming out of the top. The only thing I’m thinking about changing is pulling in through the top. If it makes a difference in the discussion, I only have SSD’s in the drive bays, so the 200mm fan on the front has very little obstruction.

0stdh.jpg

It seems to me, some of the potential problems with pulling in through the top are:
1) Increased potential for dust collection
2) The only means of removing air is left almost entirely to a single 120mm.

Last edited:
One problem,the PSU airflow: that case has it so you can mount it upside down, and it has a filter+hole for the PSU to bring air from the bottom (filtered) and then push it out the back. So you don't want to include your PSU airflow INSIDE the case when you can pretty much leave it OUTSIDE of case's airflow and therefore better temp inside the case.

Your H100 problem: yes you need to bring cool air into the rad not push hot air out of it. So please use it an intake, and not like in your pic.

Other then that you COULD use the rear fan as an intake, and then the the front 200MM fan has an exhast (however I don't believe you can remount the included fan to so that.

Dude, that 200mm fan will be pushing less air than the two fans on the H100. The easiest way to fix this would be to reverse the airflow on your back case fan to blow inwards. I've done that with my current case with good results.

My config is as follows:
1x front 120mm fan intake (probably on 60CFM, its Aerocool after all)
1x side 200mm fan intake (Coolermaster claim 110CFM, it'll be less though)
1x rear 120mm fan intake (probably 60CFM, another Aerocool fan)
2x top Delta 253CFM fans, generally always running at their minimal RPM's producing 81CFM each.

It's not so different from your setup, give it a try.

Last edited:
Back