• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help building this PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'd get either the Asus Z97-A or the Asrock Extreme 4 instead of the Z97-Pro, change the PSU to a Corsair CX600M, the CPU to a 4790K, the RAM to the GSkill Ripjaw X 2133 2x8GB and grab the cheapest 120GB SSD you can find.

You should end in the same budget +/- $20.

EVGA Supernova 650 is $10 more than the CX600M and it's gold rated.

I'd get either the Asus Z97-A or the Asrock Extreme 4 instead of the Z97-Pro, change the PSU to a Corsair CX600M, the CPU to a 4790K, the RAM to the GSkill Ripjaw X 2133 2x8GB and grab the cheapest 120GB SSD you can find.

You should end in the same budget +/- $20.
I agree with Manu and what TheOCN said, get this PSU, it is arguably one of the best Psu's on the market today.

I agree with Manu and what TheOCN said, get this PSU, it is arguably one of the best Psu's on the market today.

The SuperNova G2/P2 lineup are the ones that are phenomenal.

The early ones like what you linked are good, but not the best.

I was proceeding to the checkout in Amazon when I saw the something strange about the Asus Sitrix GTX 970... guess what, It said Out of Stock
View attachment 154698

Which other option do you recommend me instead of the GTX 970 for my Asus Z97-A?
I heard the GTX 970 has a "big brother" which is the GTX 980, Do you guys think I should change to that Graphics Card?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was proceeding to the checkout in Amazon when I saw the something strange about the Asus Sitrix GTX 970... guess what, It said Out of Stock
View attachment 154698

Which other option do you recommend me instead of the GTX 970 for my Asus Z97-A?
I heard the GTX 970 has a "big brother" which is the GTX 980, Do you guys think I should change to that Graphics Card?

So what if Amazon doesn't have it? MemoryExpress, NCIX, Newegg, etc. You have other options. Yes the GTX980 is faster, but the problem is that it's just ( ) that much faster for ( ----------------------------- ) that much price difference. Honestly, with some tweaking and testing, you could overclock a decent 970 (like the Strix) up to stock 980 speeds.

Can I ask what you're doing with a 4X4GB RAM kit? You want a 2X8 GB RAM kit. Leaves 2 slots free and less stress on the IMC. Don't forget those DHEA tablets with your order! (rofl).

So what if Amazon doesn't have it? MemoryExpress, NCIX, Newegg, etc. You have other options. Yes the GTX980 is faster, but the problem is that it's just ( ) that much faster for ( ----------------------------- ) that much price difference. Honestly, with some tweaking and testing, you could overclock a decent 970 (like the Strix) up to stock 980 speeds.

Can I ask what you're doing with a 4X4GB RAM kit? You want a 2X8 GB RAM kit. Leaves 2 slots free and less stress on the IMC. Don't forget those DHEA tablets with your order! (rofl).

Well... both Amazon and Newegg doesn't have stock, NCIX has the Graphics Card but it is $100 more expensive than Amazon and Newegg and MemoryExpress doesnt have that Graphics Card. Any other page?
And talking about those pills... they aren't mine :p

Well... both Amazon and Newegg doesn't have stock, NCIX has the Graphics Card but it is $100 more expensive than Amazon and Newegg and MemoryExpress doesnt have that Graphics Card. Any other page?
And talking about those pills... they aren't mine :p

Do you live near a Microcenter? Or an NCIX? Or a Canada Computers? I don't even know what country you're in.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500363&cm_re=GTX_970-_-14-500-363-_-Product

This Zotac 970 is in stock at Newegg. Should overclock pretty well. Has a very decent cooler on it. Note that it is triple slot though. Card will be cooler while taking up an extra slot.

The NCIX site you were looking at was the Canadian site btw. That's where it's $440.

Do you live near a Microcenter? Or an NCIX? Or a Canada Computers? I don't even know what country you're in.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500363&cm_re=GTX_970-_-14-500-363-_-Product

This Zotac 970 is in stock at Newegg. Should overclock pretty well. Has a very decent cooler on it. Note that it is triple slot though. Card will be cooler while taking up an extra slot.

The NCIX site you were looking at was the Canadian site btw. That's where it's $440.
I found The asus gpu at stock at NCIX US, thanks for the help Theocnoob

Back