• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help choosing cpu cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The Noctua fits my cheap Xion 160, but the Nubs rub on the side panel. The Phantek would never make it.

So a single fan rad wouldn't be good enough for cooling?

I ran my 8350 at 4.64G on a ThermalTake Water 2.0 Extreme. It was on sale for $80 at the time. I also had 4 good fans on it and it stayed below 50c running P95, you do have to consider our case for room if you're looking at an AIO cooler.
EDIT just saw your case and it looks as if it would fit up top, not sure if you could do push pull but it'll fit at any rate.

im going to go with the noctua NH-D14, its 2mm under my height restriction. I was going to try for an all blue theme but with the sabertooth and this cooler I went a little a stray lol. I wouldn't want to take away from quality to stay with looks.

its actually right at my height limit, my case manual say it has a 160mm height limit and the noctua is 160mm will that fit without rubbing or will it just make contact with my case door

Hard to be certain unless you know someone who has that same case/mobo/cooler setup. Mine rubs and it's made for a 160 also.

if I use the coolermaster 240 rad, can I put it anywhere other than up top? like where the hdd bays are?

if I use the coolermaster 240 rad, can I put it anywhere other than up top? like where the hdd bays are?

You can, but temperatures won't be optimal since its more likely to just recycle case air instead of acting as an exhaust.

im going to go with the noctua NH-D14, its 2mm under my height restriction. I was going to try for an all blue theme but with the sabertooth and this cooler I went a little a stray lol. I wouldn't want to take away from quality to stay with looks.

Good choice. You can always swap in fans of a different color later if you want. Personally I don't care. It is still a very good (and quiet) cooler.

Personally I love their fans myself, but I'm not picky about the colors.

Have even added a few more here and there on the main rig over time and run very quiet on full.

Last edited:
Despite there brown color the Noctua Fans are considered to be some of the best for cooling and are quiet as well. So i hope it fits the PC Case!

Sorry for the typo lol!!

AJ.

Last edited:
I think Ajay meant quiet, but yes very good fans. Also do yourself a favor and don't paint them like some google-heads will suggest. You'll likely kill them and then won't be able to return them later.

Back