• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help deciding between Asus Maximus Formula and Asrock Fatality Professional

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

josh05

Registered
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone knows the main differences between the above boards? I've looked through features and either are fine for what i need them for.. Just wondering does one perform better? anything i should know about either? I know the Asus one is roughly $100 more expensive, is it worth the extra $$$? Cheers

They are likely a lot more than what you need... both of them. Are you benchmarking under Dry Ice or LN2 or something?

No, lol. The reason those two were picked was for aesthetics, they are both black and red and will look nice with the rest of my hardware. I take it the Asrock will be fine then?

Not really unfortunately Darren. Just about everything in the case is either black, red or silver.. its making it hard to pick stuff.

You could paint like the three strips of yellow Red :p the rest is black and silver.

edit: or you could go with the Maximus Gene, and i forgot to say, the MPower is made for OC, it's amazing, i highly recommend it.

Here's a pic of the rig.. The mobo in it at the moment is blue, which is fine when its dark but i think breaking the colour scheme might make it look a bit silly when there's natural sunlight around through the day.

324353_10151309551802819_581508868_o_zps18defb72.jpg

Cheers! :) yeah im pretty happy with it so far. I seen your thread about yours, looks like shes going to be a monster!

Never ever thought of that Darren, that would be an awesome thing to do as well, I've always wanted to so something custom to it, even if only some thing small like that.

Edit: doing a really neat paint job wouldn't actually be a small job, but totally worth it!

I'm going to be painting the yellow on mine green in the days to come, to match my titans, so i'll show you what it looks like than! :D

Back