• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help finding a decent 2k/4k monitor - Im picky

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BuRgLaR

I looking for a 27-29" monitor that will either run 2560x1440 or 3840 x 2160 with an ultra narrow bezel or no bezel that would be suitable for a triple monitor setup for gaming and multimedia production.

Now the hard parts

Under $500 for a single monitor
Decent Quality / Manufacturer

Now I am fully aware my single 970 isn't going to be able to handle 4k content that well but perhaps I could get away with a 3-way 2k setup.

Either way I'm looking for the best suggestions you have to offer as a monitor is the last piece of hardware I need to complete my build.

I changed out my 37" LG tv to an AOC I2367f IPS but I don't like it and it's way too small for me after using something so large for so long.

I'm even game for a single monitor IF it's a good one and I have been eyeballing the 29 & 34" models but I have heard scaling that resolution in some games is impossible.

Any ideas?

you can overscan with the dsr factors with the nvidia newer drivers. run those higher resolutions on 1080p monitor. I personally keep my desktop at 2560x1440 and game at 4k.
look into the Dell s2715 if that is something you would consider, they run $299 American and very thin bezel

LG Electronics 40UB8000 40-Inch 4K Ultra HD 60Hz Smart LED TV ~$700

$200 more than your budget, but consider this:

I'd avoid a TV as well. Lots of latency typically, as well as overscan issues.

Unfortunately, anything under 40" is just too small unless you get real close. The 100% DPI scaling is just too small for most people. Now you young guys might be able to comfortably pull it off on just a 28" screen. I'm barely hanging with 100% DPI scaling on a 28" 1080P screen lol.

Unfortunately, anything under 40" is just too small unless you get real close. The 100% DPI scaling is just too small for most people. Now you young guys might be able to comfortably pull it off on just a 28" screen. I'm barely hanging with 100% DPI scaling on a 28" 1080P screen lol.

That post made me giggle a little. Lol.

I agree, 100% scaling is too small. But, it's not hard to scale everything up, and for the most part in games I have no problem reading everything.

I'd recommend you the monitor I use, but the bezel isn't all that narrow (probably 3/4"ish). It's a great monitor though, I got mine refurbed and haven't had a problem yet (except for some sleep issues that I think are more related to my video cards and/or Windows). Running 3 of them would be pretty difficult though.

Back