• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help for building pc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rik0

Hi I building new pc. Need help its good or isnt good?

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690, Quad Core, 3.50GHz, 6MB, LGA1150, 22nm, 84W, VGA, BOX
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770, 2GB DDR5 (256 Bit), HDMI, DP, DVI, BOX
RAM: DDR3 Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB 1600MHz CL8 DIMM 1.5V
SSD: Kingston HyperX Fury SSD 120GB 2.5'' SATA3 MLC, 7mm, (read/write; 500/500MB/s)
HDD: Toshiba 3.5'' 500GB SATA3 7200RPM 32MB
PSU: Cooler Master power supply ATX V550S 550W 80 PLUS Gold
MB: ASRock B85 PRO4, B85, DualDDR3-1600, SATA3, GBLAN, ATX
Case: PC case w/o PSU Aerocool PGS V2X BLACK / BLUE ATX , USB3.0

And one question, need cpu cooler or no?

p.s. sorry for bad english.

Last edited:
Assuming this will be a gaming rig looks like a nice build.

There is a vast amount of hardware to choose from

What stands out to me as mistakes are

1. get K type CPU so you can grab a little more performance
2. Look at z97 board
3. See if you can swing a 970, lower power consumption, more Vram and better architecture make the 970 worth the price of admission

Alsol, I would suggest getting a larger SSD and getting a different brand than Kingston. Kingston SSDs are among the least expensive but also are poor performrs comaped to say, Samsung. I would encourage you to look at the Samsung 840 Evo 256 gb if you can afford it. You might also want to get a larger storage hard drive. 500 gb is not much these days.

Last edited:
Assuming this will be a gaming rig looks like a nice build.

There is a vast amount of hardware to choose from

What stands out to me as mistakes are

1. get K type CPU so you can grab a little more performance
2. Look at z97 board
3. See if you can swing a 970, lower power consumption, more Vram and better architecture make the 970 worth the price of admission

So
1. Intel Core i5-4690K, Quad Core, 3.50GHz, 6MB, LGA1150, 22nm, 88W, VGA, BOX
2 and 3 i dont have money for this or i can change build i have about 950EUR for pc

and i can get SSD Samsung 840 Evo Basic 250GB SATA3, 540/520MBs, 7mm if this ssd better

and cpu cooler need or no?

I do not know what things got for where you are at.

If it were me though I would look at making the priority the 4690K and a Z97 board.

here is a very reasonable board that does not make too many sacrifices

ASRock Z97M Pro4 LGA 1150 Intel Z97

The chip is the chip, grab it for the lowest cost possible

here is a card that is pretty beastly for under 300 USD

ASUS DirectCU II OC R9290-DC2OC-4GD5 Radeon R9 290 4GB 512-Bit GDDR5

Not sure what it would go for over there, there are some real nice deals on used 290's and 780's if you look around the forums

I do not know what things got for where you are at.

If it were me though I would look at making the priority the 4690K and a Z97 board.

here is a very reasonable board that does not make too many sacrifices

ASRock Z97M Pro4 LGA 1150 Intel Z97

The chip is the chip, grab it for the lowest cost possible

here is a card that is pretty beastly for under 300 USD

ASUS DirectCU II OC R9290-DC2OC-4GD5 Radeon R9 290 4GB 512-Bit GDDR5

Not sure what it would go for over there, there are some real nice deals on used 290's and 780's if you look around the forums

this is good build? http://pcpartpicker.com/p/JWr7yc

i think i go for this:
CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
GPU: ASUS GeForce ROG GTX 760 Platinum, 4GB GDDR5 (256 Bit), HDMI, 2xDVI, DP
CPU: CPu cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
SSD: SSD Samsung 840 Evo Basic 120GB SATA3, 540/410MBs, 7mm
HDD: Vidinis diskas WD Blue 3.5'' 1TB SATA3 7200RPM 64MB
PSU: SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
MB: Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3, Z97, DualDDR3-1600, SATA3, RAID, HDMI, DVI, D-Sub, ATX
Case: PC case w/o be PSU Corsair Carbide 300R Windowed Compact PC Gaming Case

I approve of your choices and the changes you have made but it would be nice if you could go with a bigger SSD. But I also understand money doesn't go on trees and so we all have to make choices in keeping with what we can afford. Do you really need a video card with 4 gb of ram? Maybe you could upgrade to a more powerful GPU if you cut the video ram back to 2 gb.

this is good build? http://pcpartpicker.com/p/JWr7yc

i think i go for this:
CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
GPU: ASUS GeForce ROG GTX 760 Platinum, 4GB GDDR5 (256 Bit), HDMI, 2xDVI, DP
CPU: CPu cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
SSD: SSD Samsung 840 Evo Basic 120GB SATA3, 540/410MBs, 7mm
HDD: Vidinis diskas WD Blue 3.5'' 1TB SATA3 7200RPM 64MB
PSU: SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
MB: Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3, Z97, DualDDR3-1600, SATA3, RAID, HDMI, DVI, D-Sub, ATX
Case: PC case w/o be PSU Corsair Carbide 300R Windowed Compact PC Gaming Case

Looking nice, However the board you picked is one I would not recommend,

ASRock Z97M Pro4 LGA 1150 Intel Z97 would serve you better IMO for around the same money

Witchdoctor this?
ASRock Z87 PRO4, Z87, DualDDR3-1600, SATA3, GBLAN, RAID, ATX this??
Trents:
In site where i watching i look for the price and nvidia series so i can buy only gtx 760 2 gb

yea, the ATX or if you need to save money the mATX

Thought I saw a 970 in the parts picker ?

yea, the ATX or if you need to save money the mATX

Thought I saw a 970 in the parts picker ?

but one people say the mAtx isnt good so wtf?

Ye i will think about gpu , i want pick this gpu but i think i need take this case for free money and take mATX ;) PC case w/o PSU Aerocool PGS V2X BLACK / BLUE ATX , USB3.0

how this pc? https://www.1a.lt/order/shopping_ca...Allju1f77EnxNAlbmwVWH6Zhk7DcjZCQRHCHW3j8qbeMB
i didnt add ssd its bad or no? and i can add better mobo now if this bad

That build is good but you don't want to put a "K" CPU on anything except Z97. You won't be able to overclock it properly otherwise. Get the 4460, 4570, 4670 or 4690 (non K). The 4690 is the fastest of the bunch. If you want to be able to overclock, which is not only fun, but can get you as much as 1GHZ of extra performance, get the 4690K, a Z97 board, and a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO cpu cooler.

The GTX 760 is a bit of a weak card. It isn't bad, but it isn't great either. I know that in the USA you can now get an AMD R9 290 (way better than the 760) for the price of a 760. I don't know if this is true in your country but you should look into it. GTX 770 has come down in price a lot too. Get the best card you can afford.

Other than that the build looks good. I agree on your SSD and HDD choices. The power supply is a little bit weak. I built a system for my friend with that one and it died after 2 years (no damage to other parts. It just died). So I thought you should know about that.

but one people say the mAtx isnt good so wtf?

Ye i will think about gpu , i want pick this gpu but i think i need take this case for free money and take mATX ;) PC case w/o PSU Aerocool PGS V2X BLACK / BLUE ATX , USB3.0

OCN is spot on the the K series 4690K is what you should be looking at

Form factor has nothing to do with performance. I use one to bench with

This screen shot was done on a mATX board

what you surrender is expansion. The one I was talking about can doe 2x GPU's all be it 8x 8x

The power and features are decent for the money they are asking and will not hinder any overclock achievable with an Evo.

If I new what stuff went for over there I could be more helpful as I understand you are on a tight budget.

You could make some sacrifices so you can get the core components that are the backbone of a gaming rig

meaning you could just get the spinner for now and eliminate the SSD altogether that would open up some funds for the K type CPU and a better GPU

Then in a few moths grab an SDD

I think the power will be fine, I like the Seasonic units.

Attachments

• 1096792.jpg.png
    1096792.jpg.png
    53.4 KB · Views: 88
OCN is spot on the the K series 4690K is what you should be looking at

Form factor has nothing to do with performance. I use one to bench with

This screen shot was done on a mATX board

what you surrender is expansion. The one I was talking about can doe 2x GPU's all be it 8x 8x

The power and features are decent for the money they are asking and will not hinder any overclock achievable with an Evo.

If I new what stuff went for over there I could be more helpful as I understand you are on a tight budget.

You could make some sacrifices so you can get the core components that are the backbone of a gaming rig

meaning you could just get the spinner for now and eliminate the SSD altogether that would open up some funds for the K type CPU and a better GPU

Then in a few moths grab an SDD

I think the power will be fine, I like the Seasonic units.

So maybe u can build pc in this site http://pcpartpicker.com/p/JWr7yc ?? For games. My budget now about 700 euros

700 euros ? That is roughly $ 875.00 USD ?

http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

= $ 868.06 USD
+ Corsair 240 mATX not on that site = $ 90.00 USD

Total = $ 958.06 USD

Conversion = 765.84 euros

went over :(

No SSD so you will have to save up for that

No OS, you will have to use a hacked version of Windows, However I do not recommend piracy

This is the best I can do with the budget with out making game changing sacrifices

There is always AMD

Good luck

Last edited:
700 euros ? That is roughly $ 875.00 USD ?

http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

= $ 868.06 USD
+ Corsair 240 mATX not on that site = $ 90.00 USD

Total = $ 958.06 USD

Conversion = 765.84 euros

went over :(

No SSD so you will have to save up for that

No OS, you will have to use a hacked version of Windows, However I do not recommend piracy

This is the best I can do with the budget with out making game changing sacrifices

There is always AMD

Good luck

Seems like you posted the wrong link doctor, this is the link with the build I posted. ;)

sorry my mistake bad link go here if u can build pc http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

Back