• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help installing a monsoon S2 reservoir in a phanteks enthoo primo case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skywalker311

Registered
Hello, I have a monsoon S2 D5 premium reservoir. I'm having trouble installing it into a phanteks enthoo primo case. The dual bay res fits in the 5 1/2" drive bays but there no where to screw in the vibration mounts that are on the sides. I've taken the two clips off but there no holes for me to screw the res in to the drive bays on that side. You can see them on the back side of the case and you can with a little bit of drilling out. You can put the screws in. There are a few ways that I could do it. But I won't to see if anyone else who has the same set up, how they did it.

That will likely give you a return a lot quicker.

Post back what they say if others have not chimed in by then. :)

I sure will. But just like what you are probably thinking. I'm going to have to mod it my self to get it to work. I do see that there are two ways that it can be done. Frist on the main side with the badge. You can take that side off if you want to and not have it on there. I could take it off and measure it and drill the two holes for that side and then drill it out on the other. Or you can cut the tabs that are inside and it does line up so no drilling (just on the other side) and make a cover for the gap that be on the top. From just eye balling it. It would be about the size of a 3-1/2" drive bay door. I'll let everyone know what happens and what I had to do to put it in there and make it look great. I've already mod the top, power button and side leds from blue to red and my ROG badge to replace the phanteks badge. It should be here next week.

You can install it. What you have to do is have the front panel on. Then take the two drive bay doors off and the two tool less clips off that are on the side. Then install the res like normal with the vibration mounts and they will line up perfect with the first two holes on both sides. Where I was going wrong was I had the front panel off and you need to have that on for it to look right. I had it line up the first time but it was hanging way out and I' didn't think about once I had the front panel back on that it would be right. I've had it off for a month now and doing some mods on the case and just didn't think about it. So if someone has the same problem, now you know.

Back