• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help installing my AIO rad

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kaitlin4599

ok retro friends i need some help installing my 240mm AIO radiator into my case. only problem is with the fans attached the rad doesnt fit because the cpu is to close to the top of the case. my question is would i be able to install the water block and radiator inside the case and then install the fans on the top of the case? and if i do install the fans in the top of the case will that affect my cooling i dont seem to have any other options pix are below any questions ask

i have a second case fan for the rear of the case and 2 intakes in the front all 120mm case fans if you look at the pc proclockers pic thats where id have to install the rad fans and they wont be touching the rad will that be an issue

Cougar MX310 (12).JPG IMAG00568.jpg IMAG00569.jpg IMAG00570.jpg

Should be completely fine, just means you are running the fans in a pull configuration. Many people have tested push vs pull and there isn’t much if anything between it in cooling performance.

Should be completely fine, just means you are running the fans in a pull configuration. Many people have tested push vs pull and there isn’t much if anything between it in cooling performance.

thanks for the reply as u can tell from my pix the top of the case is limited in screw holes so i have a question

ok i can put the case between the rad and the fans but can i use zip ties to secure the fans to the case as i dont have screws long enough nor do i have proper screw holes in the case due to the rad being screwed into the fans screw holes

Just get some longer screws that will go through the fans and the case and into the rad.

Should be able to source some at most hardware stores that will fit. I think it’s 30mm length you need. But check as you don’t want to screw into the rad itself.

Just get some longer screws that will go through the fans and the case and into the rad.

Should be able to source some at most hardware stores that will fit. I think it’s 30mm length you need. But check as you don’t want to screw into the rad itself.

id rather use zip ties if possible only because i dont have a car and i kinda need to get this pc put back together before my cast destroys it

What length screws cane with the fans and AIO?

Typically they are long enough for this type of installation.

If you need to then yes zip ties work.

- - - Updated - - -

I just looked up that cooler and it should have come from the factory with screws around 25-30mm in length. These should work be screwing through the fans, through the case, and ultimately into the radiator creating a sandwich out of the top of the case.

arent there short screws for attaching the rad to the case and long screws for attaching the fans? and i agree, unless your rad holes are offset theres zero clearance for your rad and fans?

arent there short screws for attaching the rad to the case and long screws for attaching the fans? and i agree, unless your rad holes are offset theres zero clearance for your rad and fans?

couldnt get the rad to fit so i switched to a 120mm to avoid the hassle even my local pc tech couldnt get it to fit and he fixed computers for a living

Or chop up the top side in a square with the right screw holes. If not, grab a $50-$100 friendly watercooling case. I'm sure you won't have any issue finding one if you don't wanna chop this guy up.

...If not, grab a $50-$100 friendly watercooling case. I'm sure you won't have any issue finding one if you don't wanna chop this guy up.

I believe he's on a tight budget based on the other thread about overclocking his rig, so getting a new case may not be an option

what exactly was the issue?

earthdog the issue was that the case was designed for custom water cooling not AIO i switched to a 120mm aio and as of today my uncle is gonna look at the pc and finish setting it up for me hes a licensed pc tech the 120mm AIO had issues cooling my stock speed qx6850 temp idled in the mid 40's but jumped at 100% load to the 80,s

- - - Updated - - -

I believe he's on a tight budget based on the other thread about overclocking his rig, so getting a new case may not be an option

thanks for the reply my uncle is a licensed pc tech hes looking at it and doing what he can to get it up and running i was able to score a cooler master case for 20 used off craigslist

Back