• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help OCing amd athlon xp 2800+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well to start can you list the otehr system specs please and is this a unlocked cpu or not..

but first thing gert cpu-z and take screen shot.

next how are you tsting stablitey.

make sure you dont go over 1.75 voltage ont he cpu... and if your board dont have mosfit heatsink go get a par of these http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835708011

well get them few things/info and i can help you alot more...

Vista Home Basic
2gb ddr333 ram
AMD thlon xp 2800+
ASUS A7V8XLA Motherboard (stock HP pavilon a420a)
Bios version 3.05
Geforce fx5500 AGP video 256mb
Clock gen = ICS950910AF
IDK if its unlocked or not
And i am using BurnInTest Standard edition V7.0 (32-bit) to test stability
And it is the skock pavilon a420a heatsink with an aftermartket fan

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 149
well first how is it your overclocking now is it throw bios or program.. cause that is an oem board os your chance of overclocking is very slim but if you are using bios up voltage to 1.67 and turn fsb till you cant boot in to windows and when you find your fsb limit on there up voltage a tad more to 1.68 and just keep trying that..

you might have to drop your mem speed down to lowest option it has in bios..

i see your running ddr 333 if you can drop it to 266 or 133 cause when you up your fsb it will also up the memory clock. just keep posting we will get you a nice overclock of 2.5 i hope i am trying to do more reshurce to see what the max clocks are for taht chip...

if you want to compare your cpu-z to otehr go to wbit.org and search your cpu model.. the amd athlob 2800+ you might find more if on max voltage and feq you can run

Without pictures of the bios settings, we can do little to help. Most of the OEM rigs do not have menu to change CPU Frequency / Cpu Voltage / Ram speeds / Ram voltage and other items like that, which are in generally in the bios of a board not installed into an OEM rig.

I will check the bios in a sec but if i changed my cpu would this give me better overclocking

no at this point in time your pc a a dead system dont put any more money in to is just do full upgrade even one peice at a time or find a used x2/x3 amd system and get a gts 450/gtx550to or better gpu if you have the coin...

I will check the bios in a sec but if i changed my cpu would this give me better overclocking

I would believe at 100% >> that no a different cpu would do nothing for overclocking if the bios is not one that fully supports overclocking with adjustments in bios for overclocking.

Broseph, to really overclock to any significant degree you would need at minimum the following controls in bios:

CPU frequency, CPU core voltage, DRAM frequency, NB/HT frequency.

Back