• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help on PWM fan controller for PFC1212DE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Unlettered

Hi everybody, this is a newbie to the forum as well as practical electronics. I am willing to make a PWM fan controller for cooling my laptop, the fan is PFC1212DE 4.80A version -6A50. I've bought the components required for the project suggested by Bing's circuit but I really don't understand the schematic in relation with the breadboard videos shared by other members, I also don't know how to figure out the pin numbers on 556. Is there a soul who can help me out with a step by step tutorial?

Try tying the blue wire to the black (ground) wire. Chances are, you don't actually need much airflow for that application.

Blue is the tach wire I believe on PFC I, I don't think it will reduce any speed. I bought the components for the kit anyway & placed everything on breadboard, haven't power anything yet though. I am thinking of powering the circuit with USB since its 5v while separate DC pin for the fan but looking at the schematic I am not sure how should I power the fan separately:

PWM-circuit556.png

Back