• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help overclocking a Phenom II X6 1035t

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Could he try running up the bus speed as much as he can while lowing the mult and memory dividers to try and keep processor speed around stock?

I don't have the Thuban rig handy at the moment to try this, can't remember if the memory dividers were based core clock or bus clock.

Would you possibly have suggestions for a new motherboard then, that would fit all of my current parts? To clarify, should I just be looking for one with more "power phases", as a previous poster said? Right now, my plans are:

1 - Get 8 more GB of RAM
2 - Get an SSD drive

3/4 - Get a better motherboard/processor cooling solution if necessary for overclocking my processor to the 3.5-4ghz range

Edit: also, if I need to try anything, I'm more than willing with my current setup.

Double Edit: If anyone has recommendations for a motherboard I could get that would be ideal for overclocking my setup that would also be appreciated!

Last edited:
I linked the info to RAM and Hard Drive on the original post, but if you need anything else, could you tell me more specifically, please?

As for cooling, I have a comfortable case that is open on both sides (meaning that my processor is facing a lot of open space). Right on my processor is an AMD DK8-7G52C-A1-GP model CPU fan. Also, on a different part of the case, I have a CoolMax 8025L/12S/OD2 fan. Basically, they're both tiny little fans that look quite similar to this: View attachment 179306

tl;dr - Cooling situation is open case, 2 fans and soon, more fans.

A case with the side panels off, open as you call it is a case with no airflow. Just dead air.

Back