• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help overclocking B-Die

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Probably your motherboard/BIOS holdng you back. Not all boards will run 4000 or CPUs for that matter. I had a 170 hero that was the same. That was where it stopped

Sometimes the VCCIO and System Agent need to be @ 1.35v.
Do you have a section that has AUTO OCing memory profiles??? It should be like -> Samsung B @ 3600 with 1.5v/ 3733 With 1.6/ 3866 With 1.8v. After you choose which speed, it AUTO fills in the Timings. Like 3600 @ 16-16-16-32 1T or 3866 @ 16-19-19-28 1T.

Try to find your memory on Woomack's testing list and see where you can run it. Just because He got his to work @ XXX does not mean yours will.
I also have several B-Die modules (Some from Woomack's list that he got to run @ 4100) and none will run @ 4000. I have a good feeling that they can but they require more/less voltage or settings to run there. I can not just set them to XXXX and they work :( Mine and yours need to be manually tweaked. I do not wish to spend the time doing this so I have chosen an AUTO OC profile.
I have a AsRock Z170 OC Formula with a i7-6700k

From Z170 motherboards only mATX and ITX from higher series and single top OC series were working stable at 4000+ . Most other motherboards could make ~3866 max.
I see that this ASUS wasn't even tested at more than DDR4-3400. On the QVL I see max 3400.
I would check how it works at VCCSA up to 1.4V. Most IMC will need at least 1.35V to run at 4000 while on the screenshots I see 1.3V. It can be a problem or it's simply motherboard's max clock.

Back