• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help overclocking FX-6100

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dustintaylor26

Registered
I could use some help with overclocking my AMD FX-6100. I'm fairly new to overclocking and am just trying to get the best and most stable performance I can from my machine. I'm running the FX-6100 in an ASUS M5A97 mobo BIOS ver. 1605. Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. Thermaltake Big Water 760 Plus water cooling unit. 8gigs of G.Skills Ripjaw DDR3 1600, and 8gigs of Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600. Intel 120gig SSD. EVGA 660TI Superclocked (I'd also like to overclock this) I've already downloaded HWMonitor, CPU-Z, and Prime95 from where I've done a little reading up and it seems to be the standard on this site. I'm hoping to upgrade my mobo to the Sabretooth 990FX or the Crosshair V Formula-Z in the near future but for now this will have to do. I'm not able to add a signature yet but when it becomes available I'll be sure to put all my spec's for easier access. Thanks in advance for any help and advice you may be able to give.

Attachments

• cpuz 1.PNG
    cpuz 1.PNG
    75.7 KB · Views: 3,087
  • cpuz 2.PNG
    cpuz 2.PNG
    51.1 KB · Views: 225
  • cpuz 3.PNG
    cpuz 3.PNG
    58.2 KB · Views: 220
  • cpuz 4.PNG
    cpuz 4.PNG
    69 KB · Views: 251
  • hwmonitor 1.PNG
    hwmonitor 1.PNG
    81.3 KB · Views: 210
  • hwmonitor 2.PNG
    hwmonitor 2.PNG
    98.2 KB · Views: 215
After you've read the guide a couple of times. You should pull the corsair ram out for now. It's hard enough to get stable OC's as it is with 4 slots populated, let alone with two different brands of ram. Then set the timings according to the SPD tab.

Took your advice and removed the Corsair Vengeance, going over the tutorial now and gonna begin testing shortly.

Use Quick Links at the top of the forum header and Edit Signature and that is to make one. Here is template of what we need to know.

MOBO > Model and Bios version.
CPU & Cooler > Be Specific.
MEMORY > Manufacturer & P/N & Size.
POWER SUPPLY > Manufacturer & Wattage.
VIDEO CARD > Make/Model/How Many.
HDDs/Optical drives > How Many? SSD? Raid/No Raid?
SOUND DEVICE > Onboard or Add-in?
USB > Usb Devices Plugged to Mobo?
O/S > Win? SP? Linux?
Case > Brand/Model/Fans Installed?

Back