• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help overclocking my fx 4100

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Miamony

hi iam very new to the overclocking thing and i need some help so i dont screw up :)
i only want my cpu to get to 4ghz so i think this shouldnt be a problem with my scythe katana 4 cooler und besides my cpu overclocking i think my ram also needs some adjustments
i also noticed mhz jumps from my cpu and i dont know where to disable this in the bios

sorry for some mispelling or grammar english is not my native language

after browsing my bios a bit i noticed i can overclock my system in the bios by 10% via a profile option .. can i just leave it at that ( i got 4ghz with this option) but it seems it onbly changes my fsb not the cpu multiplier

and also i noticed that my multiplier hase something in brackets after it in cpu-z 18.5x (7-19) what does that mean? i looked at some guides and no one has this (7-19) thingy next to the multiplier

Attachments

• cpu.jpg
    cpu.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 92
  • memory.jpg
    memory.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 87
  • speeed.jpg
    speeed.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 80
  • mobo.jpg
    mobo.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
In my signature is a link to an overclocking guide for your processor, check that out while you wait for someone more knowledgeable than I to chime in.

Good luck!

:welcome: To OCF Maimony

What we'd like to see from you are some shots of HWmonitor while P95 blend is running for about 20 minutes. Also shots of CPU-z main, spd and memory tabs. I would suggest you go to bios and hit F5 to go back to defaults. Then set your ram speed and timings. Turn off turbo, EPU, APM, Cool&Quiet, C1E and C6 then enable HPC. Restart go to windows power management and set to high performance. Then run P95 and post results.

:welcome: To OCF Maimony

What we'd like to see from you are some shots of HWmonitor while P95 blend is running for about 20 minutes. Also shots of CPU-z main, spd and memory tabs. I would suggest you go to bios and hit F5 to go back to defaults. Then set your ram speed and timings. Turn off turbo, EPU, APM, Cool&Quiet, C1E and C6 then enable HPC. Restart go to windows power management and set to high performance. Then run P95 and post results.

ok so i found cool%quite, amd turbo core, c6 state and turned it all off .. the rest i dint found or missed it cauz i rly dont know what some of them are and where to find it in my bios. i will post my screens in a bit

after 20 min of prime95

Attachments

• fdasfds.jpg
    fdasfds.jpg
    311.3 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
so i just thaught i give it a go and try myself . but i just hit my first wall. i set cpu overclocking to manual nad left the cpu / ht at 200 for now , cpu multiplier at 20 for the 4ghz cpunb at 2200 but i couldnt find any cpu core voltage settings just something like cpu overvoltage and i cant set som,ething like 1.4v just raise it like 0.009 and so on ho do i know my volt settings ( mobo asus m5a78-l-m le)

so i just thaught i give it a go and try myself . but i just hit my first wall. i set cpu overclocking to manual nad left the cpu / ht at 200 for now , cpu multiplier at 20 for the 4ghz cpunb at 2200 but i couldnt find any cpu core voltage settings just something like cpu overvoltage and i cant set som,ething like 1.4v just raise it like 0.009 and so on ho do i know my volt settings ( mobo asus m5a78-l-m le)

That's just offset voltage. There may be a setting to switch from offset to manual vcore.

Make sure you take things off of Auto or some of the options that others are asking you to manipulate will be hidden from view.

Back