• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help Overclocking phenom 965be

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You're welcome. By the way, we don't consider an overclocked computer to be stable unless it will pass Prime for at least 2 hrs. Some would say much more than that.

well i will try now to lover Vid from 1.4375 to 1.4 an try prime for like 30mins if its stable try lowering more and then will leave prime whole day for atleast 10 hours

eprc09.jpg
well after more then hour pc seems to work fine with this Vcore it even suits my needs 1.456 Vid is 1.4

Last edited:
almost **** my pants today =DD i changed frequency from 200 to 208 and pc sudenly turned of tought **** burned it then it sudenly turned on and worked fef =DDDD

++ well tryed 208 and 204 with 208 windows loads up but screen is black with 204 4th core instantly crashes on prime ;/ im not sure but im not really in mood to up vid-Vcore but my goal is 4ghz =D and i gues i gona get it sooner or later =D

nfp9uq.jpg

can i consider as prety stable ? error after 3 hours + this 4th core seems to error even on stock settings ;/ i had it crushed after 1hour in stock settings ;/

Last edited:
If my cpu had a core die in prime 95 at 'stock' speed and voltage it would be going to RMA. I run 8 hours of prime 95 before " I " declare my rig stable so any core failure within that time period would be grounds for me to tweak voltage up or speeds down to get all cores to work or get another cpu. YMMV.

If my cpu had a core die in prime 95 at 'stock' speed and voltage it would be going to RMA. I run 8 hours of prime 95 before " I " declare my rig stable so any core failure within that time period would be grounds for me to tweak voltage up or speeds down to get all cores to work or get another cpu. YMMV.

what is RMA?

would only be great if someone could tell me more about frequency and ram how its work what amounts are normal and so on ....

Your question is about ram frequency is not clear and focused.

"How does ram frequency work?" Nor sure what you are asking here? Do you want to know the difference between ram frequency and ram timing? Do you want to know what is the appropriate frequency to run your particular ram? Do you want to know if you can overclock your ram frequency?

"What amounts are normal?" There is no definite answer to this question. With the newer Windows OS most people run either 4 or 8 gb of ram. Some run 16 gb or more. It depends on the kind of applications you run. Some, like Photoship and CAD need a lot of ram to run efficiently. 4-8 gb is just fine for the applications most of us run.

Your question is about ram frequency is not clear and focused.

"How does ram frequency work?" Nor sure what you are asking here? Do you want to know the difference between ram frequency and ram timing? Do you want to know what is the appropriate frequency to run your particular ram? Do you want to know if you can overclock your ram frequency?

"What amounts are normal?" There is no definite answer to this question. With the newer Windows OS most people run either 4 or 8 gb of ram. Some run 16 gb or more. It depends on the kind of applications you run. Some, like Photoship and CAD need a lot of ram to run efficiently. 4-8 gb is just fine for the applications most of us run.
wery sory i wanted to ask about cpu freequency i knew it has influence to ram and pci-e so i want to knew how overclock works with frequency
++ yesturday i did 4ghz with 1.4375 vid and 1.504vcore pc was stable but 4core again error after 3:07 of prime so today i added vid to stock 1.450 vcore is 1.504-1.512 but ussually stil 1.504 will hope for bether luck now =D and sry for my bad spelling yesturday i was wasted =D dringed over 6l of beer =DDD so have slight head ake =DD and dont want to think to much coz now it hurts =DDD

The CPU frequency does not affect the frequency of the ram if you have a Black Edition CPU and use only the multiplier to overclock. If you use the front side bus to overclock instead of the CPU multiplier or in conjunction with it then the ram frequency will be affected. The FSB adjustment, unfortunately, in many bioses is called the "CPU frequency" and this is where the confusion lies. If you use the FSB (aka, "CPU frequency" and "HT Reference") the CPU and the ram frequency will both grow. The FSB is the master bus of the system and several other frequencies are tuned to it. You have a black edition CPU so there is no need for you to use the FSB to overclock and the process is therefore more simple.

Take some Alkaseltzer for your hangover.

The CPU frequency does not affect the frequency of the ram if you have a Black Edition CPU and use only the multiplier to overclock. If you use the front side bus to overclock instead of the CPU multiplier or in conjunction with it then the ram frequency will be affected. The FSB adjustment, unfortunately, in many bioses is called the "CPU frequency" and this is where the confusion lies. If you use the FSB (aka, "CPU frequency" and "HT Reference") the CPU and the ram frequency will both grow. The FSB is the master bus of the system and several other frequencies are tuned to it. You have a black edition CPU so there is no need for you to use the FSB to overclock and the process is therefore more simple.

Take some Alkaseltzer for your hangover.

yea i had fsb in my mind yea probably mulltiplayer is easyer to work with well i have 4ghz prety much stable atm and temps are good yesturday with vcore of 1.504 it was max 50 or 52 today with vcore of 1.512 is 53 max 52 stable seems to bee prety good i gues corse i would love to have 2 noctua fans or atleast one with best static presure like NF-F12 but sadly have no cash for it atm =DD well i used most of cheap parts just coz have got low buget on the other hand i got prety good rig in my opinion =} mostly i just gaming and making some projects with photoshop and autocad =D and my photoshop is in ram disk =D so i dont think any other cpu could work even faster =D

well even with new vcore voltage after 3:10 4th core failed will check it on stock if it fails will return it to vendor to get new one coz of this one is ****y....

well just woundered whats happens if i set multiplayer for eatch core? manualy like 1,2,3-4ghz 4th 3,4ghz? how this would effect computer performance? im still testing 4th core with witch stock settings

multiplier different for different cores in the same cpu? Try it see if you like it. I wouldn't but you might.

ware in holidays so hadint tryed it but i will try to oc 0 an 1 core coz most of games uses 2 cores so it should be bether for games ..

Every CPU will have a weak core, even if only slightly so and pushing the system to the edge will reveal it. Mine is core #3 on the system in my Sig. It's the first one to drop out every time, even with no cores unlocked. A little more vcore or a little less multiplier or frequency usually cures it. If you have a core that drops out under stress testing when everything is at stock frequencies and voltages then you have reason for an RMA.

Every CPU will have a weak core, even if only slightly so and pushing the system to the edge will reveal it. Mine is core #3 on the system in my Sig. It's the first one to drop out every time, even with no cores unlocked. A little more vcore or a little less multiplier or frequency usually cures it. If you have a core that drops out under stress testing when everything is at stock frequencies and voltages then you have reason for an RMA.

well i did in one of the 3 tests when i tested now in stock + i had 200x21 it was stable until 3hours of test 3h+4th core went down =D
and tryed frequency 202 024 205 208 210 all crashed with x17 ;/ do no maybe i do something wrong maybe its my ****y mobo coz this one is really not for oc =DD 100% =D

So you are saying you had cores that dropped out at stock frequencies and voltages?

Too much jumping around. Almost lost me. Back to the beginning to read from the start.

1. Post #4. He has 3800Mhz stable with No Cores dropping out with Bios Vcore set to 1.45Volts and OHWMonitor showing max cpu voltage of 1.51Volts and core temps at 53.5 and No cores dropping. What he wanted to know was why bios set to 1.45Volts does the Vcore rise to 1.51V and scare him?

2. He was darn close way back at post #4 and then I don't know what or where he went. Lot more writing though and he still does not seem to realize that Cpu LLC is likely raising Vcore under load and if he cannot adjust LLC, then he will have to stay at 200x19 since no cores drop and he gets 3800Mhz with temps that are just inside the limits. There will be limits for sure.

Too much jumping around. Almost lost me. Back to the beginning to read from the start.

1. Post #4. He has 3800Mhz stable with No Cores dropping out with Bios Vcore set to 1.45Volts and OHWMonitor showing max cpu voltage of 1.51Volts and core temps at 53.5 and No cores dropping. What he wanted to know was why bios set to 1.45Volts does the Vcore rise to 1.51V and scare him?

2. He was darn close way back at post #4 and then I don't know what or where he went. Lot more writing though and he still does not seem to realize that Cpu LLC is likely raising Vcore under load and if he cannot adjust LLC, then he will have to stay at 200x19 since no cores drop and he gets 3800Mhz with temps that are just inside the limits. There will be limits for sure.

well you ware a bit wrong i understand about llc after someone i gues trents explained it to me and my pc runs at 4ghz now stable it crashes on prime after 3-5h in 5 test's but when i do gaming it just dont crash ... but sometims like once a day when i do browsing or watch tv on pc pc just stuck temps seems to be fine no bog load or something im not sure but i was away for 3 weeks and my bro was on pc before i go pc was fine so its probably my brother coz he always mess up my pc "viruses" and **** im not sure what he do with pc but ussually my pc stuck after and hour(or less) i take pc from him =DDD

Back