• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help Picking New Socket A

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rseven

A friend of mine just fried his A7V8X-X mobo(which was a real POS!). He needs to replace it with a low cost mobo. I have looked at the low priced non-dual channel nf2 boards, the Asus A7N8X-X, the Gigabyte GA7N400 and the MSI K7N2. Overclocking is not an issue. He just needs a cheap stable platform for his XP2500 based system. I hate MSI, but this is not for me so, any preference or opinions about these boards is appreciated. Thanks.

I used to have a GA-7n400 L1 and I though it was great, I like gigabyte's boards because they include nice features, the feature that I liked the most from the GA i had was it's back up utility which I could access at the post screen.

Avg said:
I used to have a GA-7n400 L1 and I though it was great, I like gigabyte's boards because they include nice features, the feature that I liked the most from the GA i had was it's back up utility which I could access at the post screen.
Thanks for your input, Avg. I looked at the gigabyte and thought it was a nice package but backed off when I read it lacked a clear cmos jumper. I went with the Asus on a positive experience of a friend. Now to just hope it works out right. Thanks again.

yea i had a similar board but a version higher, the GA7nnxp. Although i didnt use the feature, it provided underclocking, if your friend would like a silent pc then this is a great choice. it also comes with tons of accessories, very good sound too!

Back