• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help to put a custom water cooling loop together

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Okay so i now have other parts and i need your opinion.
Mobo: asus z170 deluxe
Cpu: core i7 6700k
Ram: dominator platinum 16gb ddr4 3000 mhz
Psu: corsair ax1200i
Gpu: 2x gtx980ti

- - - Updated - - -

Why not figure out the normal PC parts like CPU/RAM/GPU/PSU/ etc then we'll discuss watercooling it all next month?

Why next month? I mean i think i got all the pieces(storage i already know but didnt include that in the last post)

Well...

1. You don't need the deluxe... you can use a much cheaper motherboard I'm sure. What does the Deluxe have that isn't available on a cheaper board? But if you want it, you want it. Just know you can more than likely spend $100 less for the same performance and similar features. I also thought you were going red and black? That deluxe is not red or black...
2. Dominator Platinums are pricey... but if you want it, you want it.
3. 1200W PSU? For what? A quality 850W PSU would EASILY handle your system and that is with overclocking everything. I would suggest an EVGA Supernova G2 850W if you want overkill. Or if you insist on blowing your wad on massively overkill PSU, grab the EVGA 1.3KW as its still cheaper than that corsair ax1200i by $100+ with the same high quality. But getting a much more appropriate PSU will save you even more money on top of that...

Last edited:
Like is said i dont have budget so the money is no problem. Now another question. Do you know if amazon ships to the netherlands. The supernove g2 850 watt psu, is there much room for expansion?

Just because you have the budget doesn't mean you have to spend it... You are overbuying with no reason.

I don't know if they ship there. Email and ask or look and see.

You wouldn't be able to add a third video card with a lot of headroom, but more SSD/HDD, fans, and overclock the snot out of it, yes. If you want 3 980Ti's down the road grab a 1KW PSU (EVGA SUpernova G2).

Okay then i think i take the 850 watt from evga and do we then have everything? Or should i add the ssd from intel 750 for fast boot

But we got everything else?

Do you know if newegg ships to the netherlands?

Last edited by a moderator:
No idea if you have everything. What are you talking about?

I don't think Newegg ships to the Netherlands.

I was talking about al the normal parts that i need for the pc, or am i forgetting something?

Newegg is the place for your PC components. Performance-PCS and Frozencpu is your place for water cooling gear.

You just need to make sure they ship to you.

Being in the beutiful Northern Europe they also have places withing the EU to buy great watercooling parts. The probem with purchasing from USA stores is:

Shipping
Customs
Warranty
Cost

Please take the time to use GOOGLE etc to find places over there where you can buy stuff. I have seen many nice rigs built with parts from the EU. There is I'm sure some nice websites to help you.

Please don't tell me you are a 16 year old kid that dad said spend whatever you want, and he expected 1500 Euro max. Then you dissapear after we have flailed to help you decide on even just a motherboard.

Are you a person with $2500 to spend? Or a dreamer? We have seen a bazillion of those over the years.

Smart folks learn about WCing, and spend WEEKS hanging out and learning. Before even asking one. single. question. Those are the ones that do well. Our time is free, use it wisely...............

Being in the beutiful Northern Europe they also have places withing the EU to buy great watercooling parts. The probem with purchasing from USA stores is:

Shipping
Customs
Warranty
Cost

Please take the time to use GOOGLE etc to find places over there where you can buy stuff. I have seen many nice rigs built with parts from the EU. There is I'm sure some nice websites to help you.

Please don't tell me you are a 16 year old kid that dad said spend whatever you want, and he expected 1500 Euro max. Then you dissapear after we have flailed to help you decide on even just a motherboard.

Are you a person with $2500 to spend? Or a dreamer? We have seen a bazillion of those over the years.

Smart folks learn about WCing, and spend WEEKS hanging out and learning. Before even asking one. single. question. Those are the ones that do well. Our time is free, use it wisely...............

No im 24 and i pay the build my self and im willing to spend 2500$ and im already almost learning from youtube, taking the parts out of an old pc and then put i back together and see if it works ( wich it did) i just need help with deciding wich parts i need especcialy for the watercooling stuff. And about the shops in the EU, i prefer to buy in the eu but al the shops i trust are out of the parts so yeah

- - - Updated - - -

I dont know. We would need you to list the parts.

Okay the parts that i think i will use are:
Cpu: intel core i7 6700k
Ram: dominator platinum 16gb ddr4 3000mhz
Gpu: 2x asus gtx 980ti
Storage: samsung 850pro 250GB and 2TB western digital black

Okay. Thank You for putting the truth down.

I think you could start looking at our stickies to decide on the parts, doing a bit of science on wattage and flow rates to be sure.

Then decide on the basic components. Which really have no bearing on watercooling at all. Except the GPU, which MUST have a watercooling block available.

You have to decide on a case, we actually have a forum for cases and cooling. You visit them to learn?

How much do you know about fans for radiators?? We have 100's of posts in just the watercooling forum about just fans.

Same goes for radiators.
Pumps.....
Tubing....
Fittings.....

Sloww down, our input can only help so much. It's your stuff. You do it wrong......

We also are free help, but that depends on the user. We can get tired. We have jobs, lives, kids.

Getting tired with sooo much basic stuff that should of been decided already.

Okay. Thank You for putting the truth down.

I think you could start looking at our stickies to decide on the parts, doing a bit of science on wattage and flow rates to be sure.

Then decide on the basic components. Which really have no bearing on watercooling at all. Except the GPU, which MUST have a watercooling block available.

You have to decide on a case, we actually have a forum for cases and cooling. You visit them to learn?

How much do you know about fans for radiators?? We have 100's of posts in just the watercooling forum about just fans.

Same goes for radiators.
Pumps.....
Tubing....
Fittings.....

Sloww down, our input can only help so much. It's your stuff. You do it wrong......

We also are free help, but that depends on the user. We can get tired. We have jobs, lives, kids.

Getting tired with sooo much basic stuff that should of been decided already.

Where can i find the stickies

And on those stickies you mean i can do the science kinda stuff?

I already have a good case (at least i think it is) the corsair 760t

And what am i doing wrong and appreciate your help really much

No im 24 and i pay the build my self and im willing to spend 2500$ and im already almost learning from youtube, taking the parts out of an old pc and then put i back together and see if it works ( wich it did) i just need help with deciding wich parts i need especcialy for the watercooling stuff. And about the shops in the EU, i prefer to buy in the eu but al the shops i trust are out of the parts so yeah

- - - Updated - - -

Okay the parts that i think i will use are:
Cpu: intel core i7 6700k
Ram: dominator platinum 16gb ddr4 3000mhz
Gpu: 2x asus gtx 980ti
Storage: samsung 850pro 250GB and 2TB western digital black
How are you going to power it up? What power supply? I still can't believe you are spending so much coin on the mobo and that ram (that offer you nothing for your uses over something else a lot cheaper, but... its your cash.

ALso, stickies are threads located in the top of each section of the forum...they say STICKY on them: http://www.overclockers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/71-Water-Cooling

How are you going to power it up? What power supply? I still can't believe you are spending so much coin on the mobo and that ram (that offer you nothing for your uses over something else a lot cheaper, but... its your cash.

ALso, stickies are threads located in the top of each section of the forum...they say STICKY on them: http://www.overclockers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/71-Water-Cooling

Oh yeah sorry the psu is the evga supernova g2 850 watt.
And thanx for the link about the stickies. I will read tommorow when im back in holland

Back