• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help Using SpeedFan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FootOfGold

Registered
So yesterday I finished putting together my first build and all went quite well. However, my CPU fan speed was maxed out which was odd because my CPU temperature was only 24c so it clearly did not need to be that high. So anyway my question is: What are some good settings for SpeedFan? It is also worth mentioning my house only stays about 59f. Here are my Specs

GPU: MSi 670 PE
CPU: i5 -3570k ivy Bridge
RAM: Corsair XMS 16gb (2x8)
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
MoBo: ASRock z77 Extreme 6
Power Supply: Corsair TX series 650w
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master hyper 212

I also have 2 case-controlled case fans.-

Sorry if I put this thread in the wrong place but I just want my CPU fan to stop sounding like it is about to leave for O'Hare :,(

Ditch Speedfan and use Realtemp to monitor temps and use your motherboard to control the fans (plug the fans in to the motherboard). Speedfan has worked in controlling fans (for me) in a few years.

In the HW Monitor section of the UEFI, there's an option to set the CPU fan to either Full On or Automatic. Setting the "CPU FAN 1 & 2 Setting" to Automatic lets you adjust the CPU Temperature (the temp. at which the fans will ramp up), and the Target Fan Level adjustable from 1-10.

Oh ok I just found that upon start-up. Thank you for being patient with a noob, I am all squared away so thank you.

Back