• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with a constant BSOD problem on my new gaming computer.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
you say you have easy tune installed did you by chance overclock your cpu using that? if so it could be an unstable overclock set your bios to defaults and uninstall easy tune
If this were true, the tests I had him run would have failed. He is also only reporting it crashing on one game.

Thanks for all the replies. Tried by downloading Bad Company 2 via Origin, and it still crashed about 12 minutes in. Drives me insane, even driving my bro insane lol. Not sure what to do anymore lol.

If this were true, the tests I had him run would have failed. He is also only reporting it crashing on one game.

Yeah, and also no nothing is overclocked.

The only thing that is OCed "technically" is the EVGA GTX570 but its factory OCed for that extra like...50mhz that does nothing lol.(they were out of the normal 570 :( )

ALso I been surfing EA forums. Seems alot of people have BSOD with bad company 2 if they have onboard audio processors.

The G1 Assassin has a on board creative sound card.

http://gigabyte.com/microsite/259/features.htm

Thats got the motherboard specs all highlighted in purty fashion.

Onboard Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Digital Audio Processor (20K2)

so I went into the bios and disabled this.

What sucks is it means for this one game I will need an actual physical sound card lol IF this works, I will be plenty happy to go out and get one.

Or the GTX570 actually does sound as well, it has sound drivers for HD sound and puts it out through HDMI which I could use on my TV if I want.

ALso someone told me that the actual "EasyTune6" program that runs in the background that is a utility for the G1 Assassin mobo was causing BSODs for people trying to play... WHY IS THIS SO RANDOMLY COMPLICATED.

I officially hate 0's and 1's.

Last edited:
Welcome to the club, you are officially a member now.

lol great, do I get a membership card?:attn:

But the results are in. I fixed the issue by disabling the onboard audio in the BIOS and adding in a a Xonar DX PCI-e sound card to use.

So damn crazy and simple....every thing I did, it was all that simple.... :bang head

alas, at least things work now :)

Sounds like an unstable PC.

-> An unstable PC can cause Windows to blame a program for a problem. <-

Back