• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with blue screen of death

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WhoAteMySoup

Mods, please feel free to move this thread to an appropriate place (I am new to this forum). Also if this has been answered before, as I am sure it has, please point me to the right location.

I have been experiencing occasional blue screens due to Memory Management errors during gaming or just random internet browsing with several youtube pages open. This has been pretty infrequent so I have never bothered to really troubleshoot. As of late I am running into this a lot more often, as in 3-4 times a week, so I decided to try to isolate the issue. I ran Prime 95 blend test and got two errors after 7.5 hours... not having experience with this test I am not sure what to make of it. I also ran the built in Windows RAM test, all of which have passed with no issues. Any suggestions?

My rig: AsRock Fatal1ty Z68 motherboard
Intel i7 2600K @3.4Ghz (no overclocking as of yet)
16gb of Ripjaws RAM
GeForce NVIDIA GTX780 graphic card
1000W Cooler Master Silent Pro power supply

I assume the OS is Win7 and the error code is 0x1a? What are the current effective DRAM frequency and timings per the Memory tab in CPU-Z, and what's the current DRAM voltage setting in the BIOS? What are the rated frequency, timings, and voltage per the SPD tab in CPU-Z? With 16GB of RAM installed, and depending on the current DRAM frequency, you may need to bump VTT voltage from the default of 1.05V to ~1.1V. What does CPU-Z show as the no-load Vcore, and while at 100% load running Prime?

Back