• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with choosing mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wakishi

Registered
Hello guys,I have some problem and hopefully someone will give me advices.

I want to build a mid-range amd pc but i am low on budget(about Rm1000 for mobo+ cpu),i need some suggestion of mobo that stay in the range whenever possible.I want the new pc to be able to run game like battlefield 3 and crysis 2 with max graphic and still have a nice FPS.The mobo will be better if capable to Crossfire as i will change my gpu in the future.And my processor of choice is the fx8120.But any better advice for the cpu would be considered.(Beside suggest me to go to the intel rig.)

This is my current specs:
Mobo :Asus P5G41T M-LX
Processor: Dual core e6600(wolfdale)
GPU : Asus Hd6670 1GD5
PSU : CM Extreme 550W
Cpu cooler :CM hyper tx3 evo
HDD :250GB & 500 GB western digital
Casing : CM USP 100

Btw,I am a Malaysian so the price is in RM,1USD=about RM3

Any help would be greatly appreciate,thank you

Usa selling site...maybe you can find somewhere you live.

Obviously NewEgg does n0t ship to Malaysia, but the link is to the board I suggest. If you can get it where you are...then good.

ASUS M5A99X EVO AM3+ AMD 990X SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
PCI Express 2.0 x162 (x16 or dual x8) NOTE: Does x8, x8 Crossfire.

AMD FX-6100 Zambezi 3.3GHz Socket AM3+ 95W Six-Core Desktop Processor FD6100WMGUSBX Six core but rated at 95watts and likely easier to keep cool when overclocked in Malaysia. They do overclock pretty good.

These things overclock like mad. Probably a lot of fun to setup and push the overclock with good cooling. 4 cores but like I said the speed some get is pretty easy to 4.5Ghz. Makes up for what we think 6 or 8 cores can do for us.

G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-1866C9D-8GAB
That is a good kit of Gskill ram that works well with AMD and has pretty tight timings for that speed and AMD still likes the tighter timings. Not as much as in years gone bye but AMD still likes em tight.

COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2 Continuous Direct Contact 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler Compatible with latest Intel 2011/1366/1155 and AMD FM1/AM3+
You need at least 'decent' cooling to handle any of the FX-series processors when you want the speed out of them that they have to have often to perform really super.

NOTE: this cooler requires a case that is at least 7.5 inches across the top from one side to the other. 8 inches preferred.

I doubt that is within your RM1000 budget set forth, but it is a combination of parts and pieces that will work well together and perform pretty good without going to SINTEL.

You need some cooling. You need a good board that is adjustable in the bios for better overclocking when you get to it. You need some good ram. And either of those cpus will be plenty enough to run fast and work for gaming even in Crossfire mode. You can try and by a few of the pieces as money allows, but in the end...well you need a good combination of parts. The whole is the sum of the parts. A good whole is the sum of good parts. Be well man.

Obviously NewEgg does n0t ship to Malaysia, but the link is to the board I suggest. If you can get it where you are...then good.

ASUS M5A99X EVO AM3+ AMD 990X SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
PCI Express 2.0 x162 (x16 or dual x8) NOTE: Does x8, x8 Crossfire.

AMD FX-6100 Zambezi 3.3GHz Socket AM3+ 95W Six-Core Desktop Processor FD6100WMGUSBX Six core but rated at 95watts and likely easier to keep cool when overclocked in Malaysia. They do overclock pretty good.

These things overclock like mad. Probably a lot of fun to setup and push the overclock with good cooling. 4 cores but like I said the speed some get is pretty easy to 4.5Ghz. Makes up for what we think 6 or 8 cores can do for us.

G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-1866C9D-8GAB
That is a good kit of Gskill ram that works well with AMD and has pretty tight timings for that speed and AMD still likes the tighter timings. Not as much as in years gone bye but AMD still likes em tight.

COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2 Continuous Direct Contact 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler Compatible with latest Intel 2011/1366/1155 and AMD FM1/AM3+
You need at least 'decent' cooling to handle any of the FX-series processors when you want the speed out of them that they have to have often to perform really super.

NOTE: this cooler requires a case that is at least 7.5 inches across the top from one side to the other. 8 inches preferred.

I doubt that is within your RM1000 budget set forth, but it is a combination of parts and pieces that will work well together and perform pretty good without going to SINTEL.

You need some cooling. You need a good board that is adjustable in the bios for better overclocking when you get to it. You need some good ram. And either of those cpus will be plenty enough to run fast and work for gaming even in Crossfire mode. You can try and by a few of the pieces as money allows, but in the end...well you need a good combination of parts. The whole is the sum of the parts. A good whole is the sum of good parts. Be well man.

Thanks for your advices,but i just want to buy mobo + cpu,as i wont need some mad overclocking with good cooler.Btw,what is the meaning of crossfire x8 x8 slot?not quite good at this,can you explain?thanks

x8 x8 means both PCI-e slots are 8 data lanes wide. Some boards may be less capable and have x8 x4.

Back