• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help with corsair memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kungfusaud

hey guys when i first built my gaming pc i installed 2x4gb corsair Vengeance LP that had 1600MHz 1.50V. After a while i decided i wanted to go with 16gb of ram rather then 8 so i asked around they told me that its ok to add another set as long as it has the same speed and voltage.... so i ordered another pair of Vengeance Corsair this time they were not LP they were the big heat sinked ones i made sure they had the same speed and voltage...
the problem is i just noticed that the pair of Vengeance LP has a different version one says 2.12 and the new pair says 8.16 is it ok to use both pairs in one PC? the voltage and speed are identical the version is the only difference

You'll be fine. Please use the standard font and size unless completely necessary (for example, to bold something). I'm pretty sure one of our mobile readers has had a hard time reading that.

Back