• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help with ecs elite group mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tierdrop

Hello, im trying to put together my first pc, and ran into a problem. im using a ECS Black Series A785GM-M mobo, and im getting FF on the onboard POST codes display LED. i looked at the owners manual to find the code, but there isnt a FF code list, and cant find any helpful info on the internet on this. Any help will be gratefully appreciated

If i were you bro i would get your money back and buy a mobo from a quality brand like gigabyte, Asus, AsRock, or foxconn. ECS is cheap for a reason. I tried them once and the mobo literally caught on fire the first time i turned the machine on.

thanks for the info/warning. i actually got a rma and sent it off today. like i said im new to this, and didnt know how badly they where, but they should send me a replacment, but if it happens again, or other problem arises ill get my money back.

I'll +1 the other posters to getting rid of this mobo and getting a quality brand such as Gigabyte or Asus. You won't regret it. If you go Gigabyte, buy one of their Ultradurable range. Really rock solid boards.

Incidentally, my Abit boards had status LEDs and would pull annoying tricks like that. Mystery code 13... brilliant. :rolleyes: In my experience, I hardly ever used them. If the board didn't go, it was usually pretty obvious from all the other symptoms what was wrong and the damn codes usually pointed to the wrong thing anyway. They just look good on a features list.

I've had some success with ECS. True they are not Asus and Gigabyte but some of their boards are OK. I have had 2 that sucked but 3 that were great and one mediocre. I also had good and bad Biostar and Gigabyte. What I have found with the ECS boards is some fail to boot on first attempt. In these cases you have to kill the bios, use one stick of RAM and get into BIOS, set failsafe, reboot and set defaults. Then I was able to boot with 2 sticks and start tweaking. Not sure what CPU you are running but some of the BE editions, watch for heat on the MOS FETS, I have to add the copper ENZOs to one board to so I could run a high watt CPU in it.
I would only reccomend ECS boards for budget rigs like something to surf on.

Back