• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with my overclock on amd athlon II x4 620

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kaii

Registered
Hi, i'm having some problems with overclocking my new system.
I bought my pc a month ago A medion akoya p6310 to be excact:)
Processor: amd athlon II x4 620(2.6ghz )
Ram: samsung ddr3 1333mhz 2x2gb
graphics card: Ati radeon 5670 (512mb)

So i tried overclocking my processor bij boosting up the fsb. And slowly got it up to 246 without chanching the voltage or anything.
But the weird thing is with 246fsb x 13 you get 3204mhz so an overclock of 23 %
And my ram runs on 2x824 or so.
But now the problem here a screen :
overclock246fsb.png
It says 1.680v
But then this program says:
testmetvoltages.png
and another one says:
lavalysoverclock.png
and this
everestoverclock.png (245 FSB HERE)
And this
everestoverclock1.png

So what to do?
The max voltage for this chip is 1.425v...
All programs say 1.3volts except cpuid.
Which one to believe?
I did some test to and it was stabile for 2hrs and cpu got 60 grades centigrade with fan speed on 35 %..
Even if i reset my bios it says 1.680 v.. so with fsb x200.
is this safe for my processor? Because i can't find in my bios how to adjust vcore voltage...

Thanks for reading and i'm waiting for any responses !
Greetings Kai

Too many pictures. It gets confusing. Please eliminate Lavalys Everest for now. Please give us pics of CPU-z tabs: "CPU", "Memory" and "SPD" at idle. Also open HWMonitor and then run Prime95 for 10 minutes before doing screen capture and uploading pics.

The curious thing from the pics you have already displayed (as you have stated) is why CPU-z reports your core voltage at 1.68. I doubt if that's accurate but HWMonitor will give us a comparison anyway. The max voltage rating of 1.425 is not necessarily all that important. You can exceed that if you have good cooling. And that brings me to my main concern and that is since you are reaching max core temp of 54 C you are already close to the safe/stable temp boundary.

What motherboard are you using? What PSU and how many watts?

:welcome: to OCF!

It is very unusual for CPU-Z to be wrong. On the other hand, it's unusual for Everest to be wrong. It would have been nice if you had included the CPU voltage from HWMonitor for another comparison. Oh well.

Have you tried going into BIOS and setting the CPU voltage to 1.30v? That might help to solve the mystery ...?

The problem is i can't find any settings ín the bios for the voltage..
But there's an thingy called cool n quiet which you can disable and enable..
Tried both of them no diff :S

CoolNQuiet will slow down the CPU speed and reduce it's voltage when the computer doesn't need full speed.

There's no voltage control of any kind but you can change the clock speed? That's a new one. Even if the voltage is grayed out (unchangeable) it's usually there.

I was surprised you could change the clock, too, with an off-the-shelf unit so I guess I shouldn't be surprised about that either ...

Nope there's nothing. I can only chanche the fsb so and i maxed it out to 246 on 248 it crashes:)
But weird is i can chanche the ram clocks to.
But not the voltage:S
But do i have to turn cool n quiet enabled or disabled?
When playing modern warfare 2 my graphics card stayed at 66 gpu temperature.
Is that good?
My bios is cmos setup utility bios type:AMI and version : a7646mln.108

I'd disable it if you're overclocking. Once you have a stable overclock you can turn it back on - but it might not work then. You'll have to try it to see.

I don't know about the video. I've got a four year old video card, which is fine for the games I run ...

It's stable right now at 3.2ghz :)
246x13..
So i got it on right now and works fine
Only cpuid says 1.688v
Al other programs say when gaming 1.300v and when just msning 1.025-1.200v.
So i think cpuid is screwed. For my pc:)

But wait.
There's a option for
cpu-Nb ht link bus
and cpu-cpu ht link bus or something
Not sure about ht link but i think it's something like that :S
I can chanche it from 1 to 13 or set it on auto.

The cpuNB speed basically effects memory performance. You can try turning it down to see if you can increase the CPU speed some more but if you can't increase the CPU turn the cpuNB back up.

The HT Link is all other system communication except memory. If the HT Link is at 2000 MHz increasing won't help performance much, if any. On some systems a higher or lower speed can help stability so you might try adjusting it, too.

NOTE: HT Link speed cannot be higher than the cpuNB speed ...

Why did you chop off the top half of HWMonitor? We can't see the voltages. I wanted to see the vcore after 10 min. of Prime. OCCT also gives the core voltage. It's a stress tester like Prime95. You might try it.

Didn't chop of the half of HWMonitor i wish i accidently did..
But i reinstalled it a couple of times and still no volts..
i'll download OCCT right away:)
stabilitytest144.png
(screen of 1:44 test)

Wont startup at 248 fsb
and unstable with 247..
So i think i have to keep it at 246.
Because i can't adjust my voltage. Oh here are some screenies of my bios:
P251010_16160001.jpg
P251010_16140002.jpg
P251010_16140001.jpg
P251010_16130002.jpg
P251010_16130001.jpg
P251010_16120001.jpg

Was you RAM running 1640 when you tried to increase the clock? Might try lower that RAM speed down - if you can.

Have you tried lowering your cpuNB down to 9X and the HT Link down to 8X (or less) ...?

tried what you said
and pc crashed after windows start up to black screen
and now after i resetted bios it still does!!!
Help please!!

So i this a problem?
My jumper is on the pins 2 and 3 now
And everything works fine on 3.2ghz?:S
Weird ****.

Back