• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with Overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Which cooler did you order? The one you have is not exactly a dog. It's not the best but it's not bad. Unless you went for something like the Noctua D14 you might not see much difference in temps with another air cooler.

Doubt if that will be much improvement and you will need to take the mobo out to install the mounting back plate. Certainly worth a try, however.

Cooling update helped!

I had the worst time with that Coolermaster 212 EVO and the clearances on the MB did not let me have my memory in the first slot. It kept the CPU nice and cool but it just did not sit right. SO
I upgraded again and got the Coolermaster V8 and just got done burning that in. I was able to overclock to 4K and still got my temps down. Was able to get the temps down a full 5 deg C with this cooler! Posting the pic from HWMonitor.

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    24.7 KB · Views: 23
I did not look at what the temps were in HWMonitor before the HSF change and now with CPU Temp at 62c and CPU Core Temps at 55c, that is about the end of the road but should be okay at the speed you are at now. IF further speed needed more Vcore then your suggested Max Temps would be exceeded for sure.

Good! What'd you do with the Hyper 212 evo?

That's why I try to stay away from ram with exaggerated heatsinks.

Back