• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with PPGA celeron

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

v8440

Hi all,

At my new job, I just inherited an old acer computer with a 400 celeron in it. After fsb overclocking it with cpufsb to 540, I'd like to put a later chip in it. Are there adapters that will let me run a later type chip? (I can't remember the designation for those, I think it's fc-something.)

If there are, where is a good place to get them, along with a cheap used later chip?

One last thing-if I was understanding what I was reading somewhere else correctly, there is an adapter to put a pentium III in place of certain types of celerons. Any chance of this here?

Yeah man, for sure. Go here

www.spartantech.com

About 3 miles away from my house. :attn: If you're looking for a great chip to OC, the FCPGA (flip chip) 600- and above chips are great.

If you're looking for a great overclock, the 533 is exquisite. On water, I got one to 900 stable once.

You might be looking to go a little higher though. Check out the site.

It depends on what motherboard you have and whether it will support a Coppermine FC-PGA. Both are socket 370, but not all the older PPGA Celeron mobos will support the later P-III/Cellies.

I went to spartantech.com and looked around, but I didn't see any of those adapters.

Check E-Bay for used CPU's. It may be hit or miss, but on those older CPU's, you're bound to find one that OC's well and is dirt cheap.

OT: Did you ever own an Asus GeForce 4 Ti4400 by chance? :)

Back