• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with Rampage Formula III setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tim2348

My setup:

MB:CPU:RAM:
Bsods with no apparent pattern in time and frequency are killing me. Butchers in AVADIRECT who built the rig did not set up the bios properly.

Little to nothing I know about bios settings helped to some extent, but I need someone with real experience to tell me WHAT TO DO to finally get a stable system without much perfomance sacrifice.

Here's my current BIOS (one of a million configurations i tried). Sorry for the poor quality.

This one has not bsoded. Yet. But there's gotta be a better solution than 'auto' everywhere...

Last edited:
Reset the CMOS to defaults then manually set the memory frequency, timings and voltage according to manufacture's spec. Then follow the guides in the intel cpu overclocking sticky for tips and step by step instructions which will require some time to read through.

1. That memory is 1.65v. Make sure its set there.
2. Because you have all 6 slots populated and so much memory, you will need to add Vtt voltage (QPI/DRAM voltage). Set it to 1.25v for now and see if that helps.

Back