• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sgt_Pinto

Um i recently re formatted my c drive and installed windows xp again. I only formatted the C (ide) drive and didn't touch my z (sATA) drive. All i use my Z drive for is storing files. But however now i don't see the Z drive in "my computer" i goto administrator and the only thing i can do is format it. But i don't want to format it because i have 130gigs of files on there that i need/want. Mostly need. So what do i do?

in disk manager is says its a disk0, dynamic, foreign disk. and the only command it lets me do is "convert to basic disk".

Last edited:
That's what you need to do. Converting to a basic disk isn't that simple though. Read up on how to do it here.

yes, that that would clear all the data on the disk. which would kind of defeat the purpose of me wanting to get important files from the hard drive. I was told by some one else i should try to take control of the foriegn drive.. i dont see any commands for that.
screen1uz3.jpg

screen2su8.jpg

Last edited:
Back