• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

prajwal007

Disabled
Hey guys
this is my first build
i am going for
GPU- zotac gtx 980 amp extreme edition
Monitor-samsung 28d590ds/xl led monitor

The problem is connectivity
monitor has displayport and hdmi
the gpu has displayport, hdmi and dvi

suggest me cable on newegg

HDMI is limited to 30Hz @ 4K, HDMI 2.0 can reach 59/60Hz @ 4K but you are looking at $60+ cables alongside that this Sammy doesn't even have an HDMI 2.0 port so it really doesn't matter as you are limited to ONE choice only... Displayport.

suggest me a displayport to displayport cable (name model) which is available on newegg
it should support 4k
i will be doing high end gaming like BF4 and cod advanced warfare

Please suggest one

Last edited:
Can you suggest me a displayport to displayport cable
name and model which is available on newegg
thanks

If i'm not mistaken really the only difference between displayport and HDMI is HDMI includes sound.

:/ HDMI is limited to 30Hz @ 4K, HDMI 2.0 can reach 59/60Hz @ 4K but you are looking at $60+ cables alongside that this Sammy doesn't even have an HDMI 2.0 port so it really doesn't matter as you are limited to ONE choice only... Displayport.

That monitor is a 4K panel that does 60Hz, so you will want to use a Displayport cable.

:/ HDMI is limited to 30Hz @ 4K, HDMI 2.0 can reach 59/60Hz @ 4K but you are looking at $60+ cables alongside that this Sammy doesn't even have an HDMI 2.0 port so it really doesn't matter as you are limited to ONE choice only... Displayport.

That monitor is a 4K panel that does 60Hz, so you will want to use a Displayport cable.

Yep. Use the DP cable that comes with it.

I love how we have tech with acronyms like DP and DVDA. Hilarious. Anyways, as I said in your other thread, OP, you can put everything in ONE thread so that people can see the big picture and actually help you. I've seen at least 3 threads from you that are all related. What is the point of that? Just put everything into one thread and leave it that way. Only make another thread if it is unrelated to your build.

Back