• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need major help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ok now that we have that semi under control....what can be done with my geforce4 ti4200 as far as OC goes?

Way out of my depth on graphics i'm afraid, dont play games so havent delved into the OCing of Graphics cards abyss. Someone else will be able to advise, possibly DaFanMan.
Hood

appreciate the help anyway man. i've been looking on the net for fans....is my MB a 462 socket? can't find it in the manual anywhere. also the aero 7 lite is aluminum is this sufficient compared to the 7+ with all copper.....i'll do some more research but maybe you can post some comparisons if you have any links

Fragile-x,
Like hood, Ive been out of the graphics card overclocking arena for awhile.

My albatron ti4200p 128 mb card does not overclock very much before artifacts, and other undesirable effects show up, so I just run it at stock speed, besides that when I was into overclocking graphics cards, the only place that showed a real world difference was in benchmarks, not actual game performance.

Probably you should hit some video card specific forums to get better info:)

ok

sounds like it's not worth it...i'm only interested in game performance....don't care about benchmarks at all.

does my MB actually have thermal sensors right on it? i installed motherboard monitor and it is saying that the case is 32 C and the cpu is 56C .
is this right? i didn't know they had thermal sensors on them? What is a good temp to NOT hit?
i have thermal probes on my case that are supposed to give an LED reading on the front of the case (ngear case) but they just don't seem to wanna work.

Yes all modern mobos have sensors, have done for quite a few years now. Your temps look about right, main thing is dont stress if you are not having heat related issues.
Hood

cool...thanks again...i think i will get that aero 7 lite...i can get it for about $45 canadian

Just thinking about the lite, make sure its not bigger than the + as I had a tight squeeze with a cap on a Pro2 with the +, just made it.
Hood

Just had a look at CoolerMasters site and they are the same size so you should be OK.
Hood

Back