• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'd rather have a gurantee on it working and going perfectly smoothly, rather than chance it being shaky

I'd rather have a gurantee on it working and going perfectly smoothly, rather than chance it being shaky

then spend double the cost and get a new one? Been beating my mech boards for a LONG time now. Still look brand new...

then spend double the cost and get a new one? Been beating my mech boards for a LONG time now. Still look brand new...

Sorry bob. I didn't see your comment amongst all the others. Is it really that simple?

Sorry bob. I didn't see your comment amongst all the others. Is it really that simple?
The quality difference between mech and dome is pronounced. I have several "gaming" dome keyboards and I'd give them a shelf life. The mech boards just seem to take abuse better. My mech5 has been literally thrown, smashed and played aggressively. Literally still looks brand new. Even the key caps still have full printing haha.

edit:

I own/ have owned

mech->
Ducky Shine 3 mx black for work
Azio Levetron Mech5 mx black for home/gaming

membrane ->
Steel Series Apex
Logitech g510 (returned same day)
Razer Deathstalker (sold on craigslist)

edit 2: as mentioned in the other thread, a good keyboard may or may not be a prudent "investment". If you are content with 5 dollar keyboards from walmart, a steel series apex would be a "great" upgrade, and pretty cost effective too.

Last edited:
Alright. I'll worry about that later, but the Windows 8 is that easy to get?

Yes, go to the store, or go to Newegg, and grab a copy of Win 8.1. Or you can get it online from the microsoft store and install from a suitable capacity USB jump drive.
I don't suggest using a pirated copy or anything like that.

Another option is to use the Win 10 preview but because it is not "Finished" you may run into a lot of unforseen compatibility and usability issues with it. But it is free.

Back