• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some help with Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 R5 Rev. 1.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madman7

I need some help with the BIOS or whatever you call the UEFI screen. I have no idea how to change things to start to try to overclock my FX-6300. I click on things but nothing changes. I basically lost on where to begin. I definitely no nothing about this new UEFI or whatever you call it. I just need the old fashion BIOS back. Help!!

With the Gigabyte boards I have the BIOS is usually controlled by the + and - keys to change values or are you not even able to do that?

It appears the things dealing with the CPU are at auto and I can't access them to change them. There is something I'm doing wrong but I have no idea. Simple things such as memory profile I did along with changing the CPU fan and boot order I was able to do. I can't change things dealing with the CPU. There is no manual mode that I can find.

If it says auto, and you have it highlighted, try num-pad +/-. If that doesn't work try hitting enter to see if a menu opens up.

Barring that, take a FAT32 formated flash drive and use the built in bios screenshot hotkey (should say on the bottom right, usually f12) to show us. Note: you will have to convert the image from .bmp to .jpg

Also, crack open the mobo manual and read the bios section, they are pretty short and sweet and will inform you how to change values.

It appears the things dealing with the CPU are at auto and I can't access them to change them. There is something I'm doing wrong but I have no idea. Simple things such as memory profile I did along with changing the CPU fan and boot order I was able to do. I can't change things dealing with the CPU. There is no manual mode that I can find.

So with the gigabyte bios that is in my UD5 R5, auto is the lowest setting. On the +\- settings (ie- you press +\- to change values) the number row plus key is default to equals. If you are using that key make sure you use the shift key as well.

Also, it is important to note that most of the voltages are offset voltages, such as the vcore. Vcore is set via the VID of the CPU +\- your offset setting.

For example(with random numbers):

VID is 1.35v
Vcore offset is set to +0.15v
Total vcore is 1.5v

Thanks to all who responded. You guys helped. I wasn't doing it correctly. I was clicking on it or double clicking on it and expected something to pop up. I got it to work like you guys said. Now about the voltages. My screen has the CPU Vcore as 1.36250. So when I want to increase it I change it from auto and numbers come up. You say this is how much is added to the Vcore? I have another choice below Vcore called Dynamic Vcore. What does this do?
Thanks

Thanks to all who responded. You guys helped. I wasn't doing it correctly. I was clicking on it or double clicking on it and expected something to pop up. I got it to work like you guys said. Now about the voltages. My screen has the CPU Vcore as 1.36250. So when I want to increase it I change it from auto and numbers come up. You say this is how much is added to the Vcore? I have another choice below Vcore called Dynamic Vcore. What does this do?
Thanks

Yup, it is how much is added or subtracted from the VID (stock voltage of CPU). As for dynamic vcore, I'd have to pull up the mobo manual. IIRC mine doesn't have that option.

It's not in my manual either. I've tried to do some searching for it. I get some different opinions on what it does and when to use it when I searched for it.
This is one I found. It seems to be the consensus.
Dynamic vcore allows for adjustment of cpu voltage throughout the whole spectrum of downclocking and undervolting within the scheme of intel speedstep technology.

It's not in my manual either. I've tried to do some searching for it. I get some different opinions on what it does and when to use it when I searched for it.
This is one I found. It seems to be the consensus.
Dynamic vcore allows for adjustment of cpu voltage throughout the whole spectrum of downclocking and undervolting within the scheme of intel speedstep technology.
Which would probably be correct.......if you weren't running AMD.
Dynamic vcore is basically profile settings for when you use C&Q. You'll not be using it.

Yup, it is how much is added or subtracted from the VID (stock voltage of CPU). As for dynamic vcore, I'd have to pull up the mobo manual. IIRC mine doesn't have that option.

On this board the vcore is not added or subtracted, It's the actual vcore voltage.

Back