• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Neep some advice with my EK ram modules and using Thermal Adhesive.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skywalker311

Registered
I was wanting to know if I could use Arctic Sliver thermal adhesive on the thermal pads.
I'm putting the pads on the chips first then I wanted to use the adhesive between the pad's and the module. Will this work. I also have some thermal grease that I can mix in with it. That way it wont be permanent.

Artic Silver isn't an "adhesive".

The thermal pad should be sticky.

Also, there really isn't a need for RAM water cooling.

Thanks for answering as fast as you did. I'm not being mean but I need someone advice that done alot of water cooling. If you have that great but this is not my first time building. Arctic silver does have different thermal grease and adhesive. It a two part mix. I also know you dont have to water cool the ram. I'm building my 6th gaming pc and I'm water cooling everything but the ssd and hard drives. See what up is the g.skill trident x keeps sliding out of the modules. The pads that EK sent with it is not sticky enough. So I need something to hold it together.

Thanks for answering as fast as you did. I'm not being mean but I need someone advice that done alot of water cooling. If you have that great but this is not my first time building. Arctic silver does have different thermal grease and adhesive. It a two part mix. I also know you dont have to water cool the ram. I'm building my 6th gaming pc and I'm water cooling everything but the ssd and hard drives. See what up is the g.skill trident x keeps sliding out of the modules. The pads that EK sent with it is not sticky enough. So I need something to hold it together.

Sorry, you're new to the forum, thought you were referring to AS5 like most people.

I would just purchase a better (probably thicker) thermal pad from FrozenCPU or PerformancePCs, personally.

What RAM are you using? We haven't had any problems with RAM staying in place using the included thermal pads with the monarch modules in office...

g.skill trident x series. the thermal pads that was sent with it was no good. I just bought some thermal grease and got some new pads to and it working fine now.

A friend of mine had a few strips that you guys send with your products and He gave me four strips and so I cut the chip size and then I add just a dot to each chip and then put the pads on. I then took of the clear side and add another drop of grease on the top side of the pads and then I put the modules together and I've not had any problem with them slipping out.

Back