• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Neo2-865, ATI Hung Tuner, High temps.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

makos

Without overclocking-ran at 60 degrees with Arctic Silver. Serious Sam II got it to 67. Lowered volts to 1.5-temp now at 47. ATI Tuner hangs after 15 minutes. Wrote MSI,ATI,Intel. No help. Is this a good card or quirky?

Comments?

sounds like you have a really BAD cpu cooler if you're getting those kinds of temps...those are REALLY high. i would recommend getting a new cooler/fan combo (thermalright make the best coolers around, but for a price). then we should try to deal with your tv card, just to see if it's the heat

Thank you crism. Not to elaborate but shouldn't stock be more than enough? I'm not oc'd. OK so it should but its not. I'm going to get one of those quiet copper finned jobs. If I did want to oc, would I just use the core utility and let it climb till it could, minding the heat of course. Doesn't this speed up my vid card and everything else? Metric programs indicate highest core speed for my chip is 4Ghz.

first of all, i would reseat the cooler to make sure it's on right. make sure you see a full cpu square mark on the bottom of the heatsink to see if proper contact was being made. No, overclocking is not like that, it consists of going into the system's BIOS and tweaking some of the settings to make the CPU to faster. No one will get 4GHz on air. You would need dry ice or LN2 or something like that.

Cooler has been seated perfectly. Sink and processor have both been lapped. Clock is locked on 2.4C. How are people getting those crazy speeds? I once accidently clicked on the core utility and watched the FSB and clock speed rise. I reset it to default.

Back