• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Networking Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shadowlid

Hey ladies and gents I need help to see if what I’m trying to do is even possible, to make a long story short I have very crappy internet speeds 1.5mbs DSL or around 150kbs real download speed, Ive got the Verizon unlimited plan and using a program and usb cable to use the internet off the phone on my desktop and get around 8mbs average or 800kbs real download speeds. What im trying to do is use this internet and pipe it into my Linksys EA6900 from my computers Ethernet port….. so i can share it to my other devices in my house, is this possible? And if so does anyone have an article or information I could read up on how to do it. My knowledge on networking is very basic, and I would like to change that.

To anyone that is wondering I would be willing to buy whatever is necessary to get this working, I’ve inquired about getting new lines run to my house and they offered the cheap price of around $50,000 so buying another router or whatever I need is not really an issue.

Thanks all for the info!

I know there are some routers that allow for cellular backup you would need to check to see if yours supports it. I imagine it would connect via a USB port in the back.

I know there are some routers that allow for cellular backup you would need to check to see if yours supports it. I imagine it would connect via a USB port in the back.

Cool ill google this thanks for the info!

I figured it out if anyone is in the same situation im in with slow internet speeds. Ive got unlimited high speed data from Verizon (anywhere from 6mbs to 20mbs depending on network congestion) just PM me if you want the details on how to set this up.

Back