• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New 8800 cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The clever part is that it draws power from the graphics card itself.

no not really maybe some restrictions on over clocking due to less available voltage to the card... under load clocks may fail because the pelt kicks it up and draws more power.... dunno I was just thinking.... maybe they thought this one through

xtreme_ego said:
no not really maybe some restrictions on over clocking due to less available voltage to the card... under load clocks may fail because the pelt kicks it up and draws more power.... dunno I was just thinking.... maybe they thought this one through
I was gonna post that!! Lol, drawing from the card is really stupid...

hey guys, lets pull this block out, I'm sure it will cool the tower better!!!

heyguys.jpg

Or maybe if we kick it a few times...

Depends upon the Pelt rating. This one clearly seems not to give sub-ambient temps so it's probably a mild pelt. Pretty slick using the extra power available through the card to power it.

MadMan007 said:
Depends upon the Pelt rating. This one clearly seems not to give sub-ambient temps so it's probably a mild pelt. Pretty slick using the extra power available through the card to power it.
EXTRA power? Me thinks not. I do seriously believe when overclocking, that pelt will hinder it.

thideras said:
EXTRA power? Me thinks not. I do seriously believe when overclocking, that pelt will hinder it.

i'm with thideras, espe when the clocks get to be 100MHz over stock on the core - i would think you would need that extra juice

Back